B. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Ensure up keep of facility to meet program and licensing standards. Report any unmet conditions to Program Manager/Director of Operations.
2. Ensure completeness of resident files and program files.
3. Maintain consistency in program rules and procedures.
4. Ensure all program and resident needs are met on a continuing basis.
5. Transporting of residents to and from school, work, and/or scheduled appointments, recreational outings.
6. Participation in informal group sessions with residents.
7. Implement chore system to residents and monitoring for completeness.
8. Provide back up support during emergencies at the shelter, which may include safe restraints.
9. Assist in planning and implementing group recreational activities and outing.
10. Complete required daily reports/consultation on each resident.
11. Monitor phones, visitors, workers, parents, and handle emergencies and crisis calls.
12. Do intake/discharge Orientate new residents/check resident’s safe arrival after discharge.
13. Serve as a crisis counselor while on duty – on the phone or in person with youth and/or parents.
14. Model behavior, including communication process, decision making, working out problems, discipline, order, organization skills, cleanliness, respect for property or others, work an education. Maintain a professional worker/resident and staff relationship at all times.
15. Maintain all required documentation relating to the resident.
16. Be involved in public information campaign and assist in representing the agency in the community.
17. Attend meetings, workshops, retreats, conferences, and growth groups, etc., as scheduled or required.
18. Grocery shopping and menu planning for the shelter. Supervision of residents in meal preparation.
C. OTHER FUNCTIONS
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
D. SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES:
1. Willingness to accept and implement The Salvation Army philosophy.
2. Good/sound judgment, dependability, initiate understanding, firmness, caring, organization, high energy level and ability to work under conditions of stress and change without verbal or active expression.
- Work under stressful conditions
- Interact with others with courtesy and tact
- Relate to wide range of people and situations including youth, parents, agency workers, police, school personnel, etc.
- Work within an interdisciplinary team concept; participate in staff training and growth group
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects in an organized and efficient manner
- Respond to crisis situations in a calm and effective manner
- Complete projects on schedule
- Maintain confidentiality
- Maintain regular and punctual work attendance; may require flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
The position requires sitting; climbing and/or balancing; stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching, crouching and/or crawling; standing; walking; manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; use of vision; driving a vehicle; pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying 25-50 pounds and occasionally more than 50 pounds; traveling by airplane. Duties will require safe restraints or residents involved in physical confrontations.
The position requires talking to co-workers, clients, vendors; requires written communication to and from co-workers, clients, vendor; talking on the telephones; requires responding to written or verbal requests of co-workers, clients, and vendors; requires training/giving verbal and written instructions; requires receiving verbal and written instructions; requires writing/composing written language; requires reading; requires visiting/working at other worksites; requires communication via the latest technologies. Ability and skill in communicating with people of different cultures/ethnicity.
Prioritize multiple work tasks to meet tight deadlines
Use office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, scanners, calculators, etc.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Most work will be indoors at Family Intervention Services. Attendance at trainings, both in Hawaii and on the mainland, may be required.
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management.