Edmentum is committed to making it easier for educators to individualize learning for every student through simple technology, high-quality content, actionable data, and customer success. Founded in innovation, Edmentum’s powerful learning solutions blend technology with individual teaching approaches. We are dedicated to being educators' most trusted partner in creating successful student outcomes everywhere learning occurs. Our commitment is built off the emphasis we place on our core values: passion, people, respect, collaboration, and performance.
We are seeking a Virtual Teacher certified to teach secondary Spanish in one of the following states: Texas, Louisiana, Michigan, or California.
The full-time Virtual Spanish Teacher is responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where learners have the opportunity to fulfill their potential and for organizing and implementing an instructional program that results in students achieving academic success in accordance with District and state policies and laws. The Virtual Teacher is a highly qualified instructional teacher responsible for the delivery of specified course content in an online, virtual environment. This is a 12-month virtual teaching position that can be located anywhere within the US.
Here is what you'll do:
Here is what you'll need:
- Acquaint students to their coursework and communicating course and school requirements.
- Maintain a full load of students in certified content area (250 students)
- Employ synchronous and asynchronous tools to supplement course content.
- Support the Academy’s Live Help program.
- Maintain availability to students and parents between 8am and 5pm Monday- Friday.
- Conduct Live Lessons with students on essential learning topics for each course in content area.
- Create Learning Resources to promote student learning for each course in content area.
- Track student progress and help students stay on pace to complete class by class end date.
- Conference with parents of struggling students by phone or online
- Grade student work and enter grades into an online grade book in a timely manner.
- Contribute to and complete student report cards.
- Communicate with teachers, administrators, and parents as needed.
- Respond to student messages and discussions in a timely manner within school guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Three years or more of classroom teaching experience with one year of online teaching experience
- Experience teaching in this subject and Teaching certification in Spanish in one of the following states: TX, LA, MI, and CA
- Teaching certification for 9-12 required
- Meet highly qualified teacher requirements
- Strong content and subject matter knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other online tools
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
Edmentum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.