Hampshire Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking an Executive Director who reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for planning, organizing and directing all operations of the chamber including membership, program objectives, committee functions, finances and, local government liaison.
REQUIREMENTS: It is required, that at minimum, the Executive Director have 3 years of experience in a business-related field or Chamber of Commerce board position. Prior Executive Director experience is preferred, not required.
Characteristics of a Candidate Should include:
- They have great communication skills and take a holistic approach in managing the organization's operations.
- An excellent Executive Director is an influential manager with ability to lead and motivate the membership towards the realization of its mission(s).
- They take pride in being the face of an organization, are responsible for giving the proper strategic direction, and capable of communicating and implementing a high-quality vision.Responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement strategies aiming to promote the organization's mission and "voice".
- Direct and oversee fundraising efforts.
- Create complete business plans for the attainment of goals and objectives set by the board of directors.
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the organization in ways that strengthen its profile
- Meet budget requirements on projects and events
Skill sets include:
- Proven experience as executive director or in other managerial position
- Ability to apply successful fundraising and networking techniques
- Experience in developing strategies and plans
- an analytical mind capable for "out-of-the-box" thinking to solve problems
- Outstanding organization and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication (oral & written) and public speaking skills
- Experience in recruiting and managing volunteer teams
- Experience in managing projects to a budge/ P&L
- Experience & knowledge of social media outlets & website technology.
- $35,000 - $40,000 annually (additional information regarding bonus program provided to selected candidates during interview process)
- No benefits provided
- Hampshire Area Chamber will collect interested candidates' resumes until 9/24/19 and will respond to qualified candidates & set interviews beginning 9/30/19.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year