SharpSwitch is a results-driven firm, focused on exceeding client expectations in the areas of information technology, assurance, and security. As a trusted partner, SharpSwitch works tirelessly to help our clients achieve their mission objectives as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. As an SBA certified small-business, SharpSwitch specializes in providing solutions to the Federal, State, Local, and Educational sectors. We are currently hiring for positions in Seaside, CA. However, there is opportunity to work remote part-time.
Database Administrator Responsibilities:
This position will serve in a dual-capacity with expertise in SQL administration/ development as well as Windows server administration.
- Maximizing database stability, uptime of databases supporting the Enterprise Production, Test/Dev environments through system monitoring, performance tuning, and routine maintenance tasks such as index rebuilds, file compressions, statistical updates, and database consistency checks.
- Managing the storage environments for the databases, including optimal sizing, monitoring space, requesting additional storage, and providing growth statistics.
- Creating tables, views, indexes, database links, views, materialized views, stored procedures, and other database objects as needed; creating and assigning database roles and privileges.
- Creating and executing database backup and recovery policies, and maintain integrity and reliability of access to information.
- Importing and exporting data to and from the database servers.
- Performing routine backup and recovery testing, including testing and documenting recovery scenarios.
- Working with application/development teams to assist in overall database design, helping developers tune queries assigning proper indexes, and aiding developers in the creation of triggers and stored procedures.
- Responsible for database performance monitoring and capacity planning.
- Monitor and analyze disk I/O, queue lengths.
- Conduct troubleshooting of issues associated with supported SQL databases.
- Performing SQL performance tuning tasks.
- Creating and maintaining detailed SOPs, configuration documentation, and maintenance plans for the database environment.
- Review database scripts and procedures before execution on all environments and assist developer with design of database objects.
Database Administrator Basic Requirements: **
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Microsoft SQL certifications can be utilized in lieu of a degree. An additional 6 years of experience in a large enterprise server environment may also be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Must be able to obtain CompTIA Security+ CE certification within 6 months of start date.
- Experience with DISA Secure Technical Implementation Guidelines.
- 1-3 years experience System Administration experience with Windows Server (any version past 2008)
As a growing small business with over 30 employees, there are many career growth opportunities. SharpSwitch is committed to helping our employees advance their careers through certification trainings, workshops, and hands on research. Additionally, SharpSwitch offers competitive salaries, 401k Matching (5% full match, immediate vesting), healthcare, and help with vanpool expenses.
Preview our benefits here: https://www.zenefits.com/benefits-preview/?token=a311a0f5-073e-480b-b2ac-544a0afb5406
Due to regulatory security criteria, all candidates must have a U.S. Citizenship. You must have the ability to posses and maintain a clearance with the U.S Government. Desired: Have a Secret Clearance or higher.
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft SQL Server: 7 years (Preferred)