Founded over 40 years ago, Solotech is a world leader in audiovisual and entertainment technology with 13 strategic locations in Canada, the United States and Europe. Thanks to an inventory from over 300 renowned manufacturers, Solotech is the one-stop-shop for audio, video, lighting, rigging, soft goods, control and collaboration solutions & services. The company is internationally recognized for its expertise in Live Productions and Systems Integration in various markets, namely music, sports, business, culture and education. Solotech employs 1,200 professionals in its offices located in Montreal, Quebec City, Saguenay, Ottawa, Toronto, Las Vegas, Nashville, DeKalb, Los Angeles, Heywood, London and Redditch.
To apply: https://carrieres.solotech.com/default.aspx?REQ_ID=00684&Language=1
Reporting to the Head of Planning for the USA, the incumbent is responsible for allocating resources and coordinating the work of the staff and freelancers assigned to events, to meet projects' operational requirements while complying with company policies.
- Receive technical assignment requests per project, analyze the department needs and define the right type of resources to be allocated according to the parameters
and conditions set forth in the contract;
- Ensure that employees are assigned tasks that match their qualifications, to contribute to the operations' success and to improve the quality of the customer
- Plan employees' schedules in accordance with system parameters, ensuring that deadlines and budgets are met;
- Contact assigned employees and assign contracts (employees and freelancers);
- Plan and be responsible for the accommodation managament, perdiems allowance and employee's transportation;
- Follow-up and control the hours worked in accordance with the budget;
- Approve working hours, invoices;
- Prepare documentation to obtain a work permit for the different productions;
- Follow-up on appropriate and required insurance coverages for freelancers and employees when working internationally;
- Process payroll per pay-periods, transfer to the HR department any necessary information (time off requests, hours worked, etc.), after they have been validated.
Academic training : College Diploma in Business Administration or any other relevant training
Experience : + 5 years of relevant experience in the Entertainment industry or in a similar position
Required Skills :
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Very strong planning, organization and coordination skills; including the ability to prioritize within tight deadlines;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work effectively in an ever-changing environment where innovation, continuous improvement and timeliness are competitive advantages;
- Strong ability to anticipate problems and find solutions in conformity with company's policies and business processes;
- Adaptability to new technologies.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Solotech, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time