The General Manager is a full-time role that must keep up enrollment, revenue and profit goals of the business, managing all aspects of hiring and managing staff, financial operations, marketing and customer service with the goal of delighting customers and maximizing retention of students. Roles and Responsibilities are as follows:
Marketing, Sales and Promotions
- Conduct ongoing grassroots marketing campaigns to increase student enrollment.
- Create and distribute marketing collateral materials.
- Handle inbound leads and maximize conversion of leads to new students.
- Facilitate tours to prospective students and parents to sell enrollment.
- Manage ongoing marketing to prospect list.
- Effectively promote shows/concerts with advertising, flyers, direct mail and other marketing.
- Engage in music community outreach to provide guest artist opportunities for clinics and residencies
- Responsible for student retention results.
- Communicate regularly with parents on updates on school events and activities.
- Interact with students to make certain their needs are being met.
- Oversee student attendance to lessons, rehearsals and concerts. Communicate absences to parents.
- Handle and resolve all customer relations issues.
Talent – Recruitment, Development, Retention
- Hire, train and manage Music teachers, show directors and Studio Coordinator.
- Coach, develop, and retain crew. (Show Director, Teachers, Admin)
- Oversee new hire process, on-boarding, and training
- Manage daily teaching schedule for peak efficiency and maximum profitability.
- Facilitate proper maintenance of school and equipment
- Maintain attractive merchandise displays, keep accurate inventory and minimize damaged goods.
- Open the school punctually according to local hours of operation as approved by the RDO.
Show Production & Management
- Manage and communicate rehearsal schedule.
- Produce shows according to Operations Manual Guidelines
- Oversee all aspects of the show insuring it is properly staffed, concession stocked, merchandise and promotional material displayed, performers supervised and ticket booth cash controlled.
- Assume total responsibility for the School’s Performance
- Manage and prepare regular reports on school’s profit and loss with the goal of maximizing revenues and keeping expenses within budget.
- Responsible for strictly managing labor costs
- Responsible for customer billing, collections and staff payroll.
- Responsible for forecasting and projecting financial metrics.
- Meeting all enrollment goals insuring the school’s financial success.
- Maximizing Tuition
School of Rock, LLC is the original performance-based, interactive music school founded in 1998 in Philadelphia. With 50 schools and a strong nationally recognized brand, the Company is the largest after school music education provider. School of Rock’s mission is to inspire kids to rock onstage, and in life!
- 4+ years experience in modern marketing, sales, and/or customer service environment
- Significant experience recruiting and managing staff
- Strong business acumen, preferably experience running a small business
- Finance experience or prior P&L responsibility
- Excellent communication skills
- Exercise skill in diplomacy in all relationships
- Proven problem skills
- Resourceful in creating timely solutions for unexpected issues
- Ability to maintain composure under all circumstances
- Ability to negotiate and influence
- Collaborator who works well across diverse populations
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and leadership skills
- Resourceful and innovative
- Experience and interest in working with children
- Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Passion and/or interest in music and the arts highly desirable