The Pyxis team is looking for a Cloud Support Associate. The AWS Pyxis team works with and supports services like CloudFormation, CloudTrail, and AWS-SDK. As a member of the team, you will be exposed to most AWS services and technologies. Our cloud support engineers work in a fast-paced environment with our multi-disciplined service teams to deliver these cutting-edge services to our customers. Pyxis team members own the scaling and management of services across AWS regions supporting the US Government.
AWS is looking for engineers passionate about both development and operations. The candidate should have a strong desire to learn and be curious about Amazon's internal and external services. This is a true DevOps role; you will be both allowed and expected to follow problems all the way to the end and work on implementing real solutions and not just quick fixes. A candidate who wants to go deep and understand how these large systems work will get a chance to excel in this position.
A Pyxis Cloud Support Associate will:
- work with other engineers to build and manage massively scaled services
- work with other engineers to diagnose and resolve customer issues
- track the health of our services, identify and fix problems on complex systems with massive scale
- collaborate with some of the leading minds in distributed systems
The candidate should be familiar with Linux, including at least half of the following:
- Various distros and their corresponding package management tools
- Permissions and permissions management
- Log parsing using grep, awk, sed, cut, tr, etc
- Network tools (ip, ifconfig, netstat, tcpdump, strace, netcat, ping, telnet, etc)
- System Monitoring Tools (top, *stat tools, etc)
- DNS and tools (bind, host, dig, nslookup, etc)
This position can consider candidates for the Herndon, VA or Seattle, WA locations.
If you’re interested in learning more about this role and others that are similar, please join AWS recruiters at our next virtual open house: https://app.brazenconnect.com/a/AWS/s/4LoBX/next?utm_medium=Career+Sites&utm_source=External+Postings
- Minimum of 6 months experience with administrative access to a computer system.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a Unix-like environment
- Minimum of 6 months experience working with a Linux or Unix-like command line.
- Familiar with debugging applications running on Linux and/or Unix servers.
- This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field
- Experience in a 24x7 production environment, esp. one based on Linux
- Good troubleshooting skills at all levels, from application to network to host
- Experience with performance testing and tuning
- Automation or monitoring framework experience, deployment or development
- Experience with large distributed
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.