At HomeDepot.com, our award-winning e-Commerce team is blazing a trail of retail shopping innovation by leveraging cutting-edge technology with our 2,200+ store locations and a relentless focus on customer service. We have been named one of the world's most innovative companies and we are on a mission to provide the best interconnected shopping experience to our consumers. To do so, we need more dreamers, innovators and big thinkers passionate about re-imagining the future of retail. Interested in making history with us? If so, apply today to experience what it’s like to be a part of our HomeDepot.com team. Who knows? Your next big idea may just change the future of retail!
The Sr. Web Designer is responsible for bringing a new layer of beauty to Homedepot.com thru industry-leading design. Superior layout, typography, color, photography and UX skills are essential as they craft future-state designs for home decor oriented site experiences. In parallel, they provide ongoing “business as usual” support for promotions, seasonal events, redesign projects and anything else necessary to bring a best-in-class decor experience to our customers. It’s a highly collaborative role, partnering daily with a cross-functional team in a start-up environment, as well as offering art direction and mentorship to other junior web designers and copywriters.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
30%-Create interactive design concepts, layouts, comps, moodboard explorations and production as assigned.
30%-Collaborate and drive new ideas with content, user experience and engineering teams to create innovative experiences that meet strategic objectives for Homedepot.com
20%-Work cross functionally with creative team, merchandising, user experience, content and photographers to ensure optimal design solutions for the Homedepot.com customer.
10%-Provide quality assurance on creative deliverables
10%-Contribute to the development of the online creative culture and quality standards
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to Sr. Manager, Online Creative
This position has no Direct Reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- BA in Communication Design, Fine Arts, or related field
- 5+ years' brand design experience working in an agency, design shop, online retailer, or digital marketing environment
- An impressively diverse digital portfolio demonstrating solutions for desktop, mobile, tablet and social channels
- Knowledge of Web and e-Business technologies, principles, and processes
- Solid knowledge of visual design fundamentals including brand identity, layout, color, typography and photography
- Expert abilities and understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Hands on design and production knowledge across multiple channels from concept through completion
- Ability to articulate and present creative ideas to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated passion for design and eagerness to collaborate with other creative team members
- Mature appreciation for the balance between creative design and business objectives
- Effective organizational approach and superb interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure with careful attention to detail