TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
The Manager of Workers Compensation Classifications is responsible for the daily management and oversight of the company’s workers compensation classifications process and team. The person in this position will understand and evaluate WC coding and manage the carrier premium audit relationships.
- Responsible for the daily oversight and direction of the workers’ comp classifications function
- Manage the carrier premium audit relationship with Chubb and Zurich
- Lead the training programs for the company’s internal employees as it relates to the workers’ compensation classification.
- Participate in key company sponsored committees as appropriate.
- Critically review WC Classification team processes and procedures.
- Serve as the key spokesperson to clients and company leadership related to WC classification questions and policies.
- Identify opportunities for cost efficiencies and revenue generation, as well as areas that can be re-engineered to gain greater efficiency.
- Work cross functionally to identify and implement improved classification processes and procedures.
- Produce weekly and monthly departmental metrics reports
- Manage various product integration projects.
- Manage all SOX compliance activities for the department.
- Directly supervise multiple employees and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
Insurance or risk management certification preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 5 years of related business and/or insurance experience and/or training
- 2 years of leading a WC classification’s (premium audit) department
- Prior experience in the PEO industry preferred
- Proven expertise in working with and understanding the key risk features inherent in businesses and how this translates to overall workers’ compensation risk evaluation
- Knowledge of NAICS industry coding and hazard group classifications
- Knowledge of NCCI basic manual classification codes and the placement of workers into proper class codes
- Ability to lead communications with insurance carriers and external consultants and the timely follow-up of key issues
- Understanding of state laws related to workers’ compensation regulatory issues and state PEO regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and the proven ability to prepare spreadsheets using formulas
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
o Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue.
- Ethics - Works with integrity and ethically.
- Adaptability - Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
- Some travel required
- Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting
TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact a company manager, a company officer or a TriNet HR representative to request such an accommodation.