The Security Manager will oversee the daily operations of the Safety and Security Department and to ensure the day to day completion of the Department’s annual goals and objectives.
- Manage the timely resolution and handling of associate complaints, incidents, resort policies and procedures, safety hazards, and overall compliance as it relates to resort Safety & Security.
- Direct and delegate various safety/security officer work assignments.
- Ensure incident reports are completed and investigations are promptly resolved.
- Regularly evaluate the quality of security officers daily work and efficiency, including; incident reports, daily activity logs, key records, and various investigations.
- Conduct on-going training of new and existing security officers and associates throughout the resort.
- Manage various general liability claims assigned by Director of Security.
- Follow up on, communicate, and resolve all Guest and associate issues in a timely manner.
- Co-Manage the Injury & Illness Prevention - Safety Program.
- Discuss with associates the workers comp and injury prevention process and procedures.
- Coordinate accident investigations internally and with insurance investigators.
- Collaborate with Security Director and Risk Management Analyst to ensure day to day and yearly departmental safety/compliance goals are achieved.
- Co-chair the Safety Committee. This includes having a full understanding of meeting minutes, monthly safety training, and job safety analysis training records and injury follow ups are complete throughout the resort.
- Oversee and draft injury, missing property, damage claim, and criminal activity reports.
- Responsible for managing and evaluating day to day security officer job performance and required disciplinary action.
- Ensure all office equipment needs/supplies are purchased and maintained accordingly.
- High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor degree preferred.
- Safety and security managementor Supervisor experience required.
- Supervisor experience in the hospitality industry required.
- Knowledge of basic law enforcement and Innkeepers law required.
- CPR/First Aid certified.
- AED certified.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess advanced computer skills.
- Ability to solve problems and make rational decisions.
- Knowledge of Resort safety and security operations.
- Knowledge of other Department operations to assist in times of need.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and Innkeeper laws.
- Must know workers comp law and process.
Must be able to move quickly to reach different outlets and other departments of the Resort on a timely basis. Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis. Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally. Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
Job Type: Full-time