Operating across 11 states, Tallgrass is a growth-oriented midstream energy operator with transportation, storage, terminal, water, gathering and processing assets that serve some of the nation’s most prolific crude oil and natural gas basins.
We were named to Colorado’s Top Workplaces list for the past four consecutive years. Tallgrass strives to create an environment where all employees feel they are safe, respected, that their contributions are valued, have equal access to growth and development opportunities. Our Total Rewards Package is comprehensive and competitive - designed to meet the needs of our employees and their families. We offer our employees competitive base pay; an annual discretionary bonus; paid time off for vacation, sick time, holidays, birth or adoption of a child, serious illness, and bereavement; Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; a generous 401K savings plan; company-paid Life insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability insurance; Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts; Employee Assistance Programs; Identity Theft Protection; and Critical Illness and Accident insurance.
Fleet Coordinator PRIMARY PURPOSE:
Assist in the management of Company fleet vehicles and equipment covering all phases of the vehicle life cycle from acquisition through disposition. Serve as primary resource related to federal and state Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations for Company Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMV). Perform financial, administrative and general office duties in support of the Fleet Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
•• Understand and monitor all current DOT regulations, interpreting how they apply to the Company fleet.
- Develop procedures to educate drivers on regulation requirements.
- Evaluate regulation changes for impact to the Company.
- Develop and maintain departmental and Company processes for fleet related compliance areas such as Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, state level titling and registration requirements, state level CMV regulations, International Fuel Tax Agreement, International Registration Plan, etc.
- Interface with and maintain positive working relationships with multiple vendors and potential vendors.
- Effectively administer daily fleet department functions.
- Extract data from internal and external systems for analysis, reporting, and audit.
- May assist in developing and managing the Fleet Department operating and capital financials.
- Provide backup support to Credit Card, Travel and Company Store Departments.
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets, databases, and documents for data gathering, analysis, and reporting.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of invoices and budget forecasts.
- Partner with team members and other company personnel to achieve overall company objectives.
- Maintain knowledge of industry standards and improvements relative to safety, performance, maintenance and specifications.
- Develop and maintain Department processes and electronic filing systems.
- Assist with accident reporting and interface with Legal, Risk, Safety and responsible parties.
- Assist with procurement process interfacing with fleet management company, upfitters, and logistics for delivery.
- Solicit and analyze feedback on vehicle performance, safety, and functionality of fleet vehicles.
- Perform informal training sessions on fleet related topics, both in person and online.
- Ensure ongoing improvement through evaluation of current processes.
- Provide customer service for Fleet Department by monitoring telephone, departmental and individual email, and participating in informational meetings with Operations personnel.
- Analyze and share relevant manufacturer or NTSP recalls or safety advice.
- Manage resale, redeployment or disposal of used inventory.
- Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism.
- Partner with Team members, other Departments and organizations to achieve overall company objectives.
- Communicate clearly and concisely (verbal and written in person, by telephone, and in email and listen carefully.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
- May be required to work non-traditional hours as needed.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Other daily, weekly, monthly or special project duties as identified and defined.
- High School diploma. Associates or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Business Management, Finance, or a related discipline preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS:
- A minimum one (1) year of direct work experience detailing progressively responsible administrative responsibilities.
- A minimum one (1) year of direct work experience related to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations compliance, recordkeeping, etc. for a commercial motor vehicle fleet. Familiarity with the regulations and requirements for driver qualification files, vehicle inspections, return to work process, DOT drug and alcohol testing, driver and supervisor training requirements, etc
- Solid knowledge of fleet and vehicle terms and principles.
- Ability to actively and positively contribute to Fleet Department team strategies.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft applications (including but not limited to Word, Access, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) for the purpose of word processing, data analysis, reporting, and information retrieval.
- Strong reading, listening and analytical skills and logical thought processes, with the ability to identify and resolve complex issues/problems.
- Ability to successfully organize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously, frequently under strict deadlines.
- Ability to analyze events at the transaction level and apply sound and consistent resolutions to such events.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers (for travel).
- Must be familiar with industry and regulatory terminology and driver and vehicle requirements.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with a variety of individuals and personalities at all levels internally and externally.
- Write effectively and understand written communications, including but not limited to email.
- Demonstrated experience training in both large group settings and one-on-one.
- Ability to work independently to manage tasks and timelines.
- Ability to identify expectations in an employee/employer relationship.
- Analytical, organizational, supervisory, reasoning, problem solving and conflict resolutions skills.
- Ability to successfully perform the required and expected duties with minimal direct supervision, organizes and prioritizes daily work, and consistently takes initiative.
- Utilize strategic approach for planning and problem solving, with a “continuous improvement” mindset.
- Ability to mentor and lead personnel with tasks and organizational goals and objectives.
- Strong customer service qualities including positive attitude, sense of urgency and “can-do” disposition.
- Ability to quickly change direction in a fast- paced environment while effectively communicating within the organization.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others and maintain confidentiality when appropriate.
- Ability to maintain a measurable high level of performance.
- Must be able to perform all essential and marginal functions of the job.
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from management, focus attention on details, follow work rules and adhere to established work schedules.
- Ability to successfully perform multiple tasks with strict deadlines.
- Job level commensurate with experience and skill sets; position will be filled depending on qualifications, experience and skill sets of the successful candidate.
All of the physical requirements listed below are those that may be necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting; standing; walking or moving throughout facility; driving; talking; seeing (specific vision abilities required by this
job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus); hearing; feeling; bending or stooping; squatting or crouching; reaching; kneeling; pushing; pulling.
- Minimal safety hazards; general office working conditions.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to type, touch, handle, or feel. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Required to carry a mobile phone and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
- Occasional overnight travel and weekend travel may be required.
- May be required to work nights and weekends, or non-traditional work hours as needed.
- Successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, including credit report, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, & ABILITIES (above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position):
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Business Management, Finance, or a related discipline preferred.
- Progressively responsible administrative responsibilities, specific to fleet management field is highly desirable.
This is not a supervisory position but may be called upon to coordinate and oversee special projects and teams
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
Tallgrass Energy, LP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status. EOE/M/F/D/V