City Light & Power, Inc. has built a reputation as an innovative, reliable and responsive private utility development leader, and is seeking qualified candidates with 5+ years of energy Industry experience related heating, HVAC, green buildings, lighting, air quality, and energy efficiency. Experience with Energy Saving Performance Contracts (ESPC) and Utility Energy Saving Contracts (UESC) in military installations is a plus.
If you are highly motivated, energetic, and hardworking individual seeking to expand and build your energy systems engineering career with a stable, innovative, and rapidly growing utility company, this is the position for you.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- Identify energy saving opportunities for buildings, controls and automations, HVAC, heating systems, lighting, and electrical distribution systems.
- Recommend engineering concept designs and plans for improving energy efficiencies.
- Conduct energy audits and evaluate energy uses, costs, and conservation measures.
- Perform energy modeling, economical analysis, efficiency calculations, payback assessments.
- Conduct field measurements, verification, commissioning, or retro-commissioning.
- Review technical feasibility and quality of energy saving measures and proposals by sub-contractors for ESPC or UESC contracts.
- Conduct job site walkdowns with customers to review existing conditions and collect technical data for analysis and modeling.
- Train personnel or clients on energy management topics.
- Evaluate construction design information such as plan drawings, schematics, design calculations, system layouts and sketches, or specifications.
- Schedule and attend field walk-downs with customer, subcontractor, and construction personnel to understand and determine project requirements.
- Perform field take-offs/evaluations for estimate preparation.
- Create and maintain various technical documents, standards, and reports.
- Participate in estimate review process with internal and external stake holders.
- Assist construction personnel throughout the project life-cycle in tracking and understanding basis of cost estimate.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of change orders.
- Follow up at the end of a project to close any loops in the estimating process.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or Electrical Engineering (BSEE) degree from accredited university with emphasis in energy systems design and analysis.
- 5+ years working experience in energy industry.
- Working experience with climate control systems, energy modeling, data logging, energy management control systems, lighting or daylighting design, sustainable design, and energy auditing.
- Familiar with electrical power distribution systems.
- Experienced in blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time/cost/labor estimates for projects and services.
- Ability to prepare construction schedules in Microsoft Project.
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Must be a team player and be able to work with various partners from start to finish.
- Up to 20-30% out-of-the-area and overnight travel will be expected.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- You must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Military Base Access is required for this position.
- Valid Driver’s License Required
- CLP offers an excellent benefit package including health, dental, and life insurance, 401K, profit sharing, Paid Time Off, and holidays.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules