I. JOB TITLE: Residential Manager
II. LOCATION: Russell Nesbitt Services, Inc. & Community
III. GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Residential Manager manages the operation of group residence for adults with cognitive, emotional, physical, and developmental disabilities in Ohio County in West Virginia.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Minimum of one (1) year experience in a residential facility and/or minimum of one (1) year experience working in the MR/DD field.
3. Must have a valid driver’s license.
4. Must satisfy the criminal background requirements set forth in licensure regulations and must have a satisfactory motor vehicle report in accordance with insurance requirements and agency policies.
5. Must have the ability to utilize computerized software programs, including but not limited to scheduling, billing, consumer data and other related purposes.
6. Ability to place principles above personalities in making objective, well reasoned consumer-focused recommendations.
7. Must demonstrate a commitment to active treatment, community integration, and self-determination.
8. Ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and safeguard consumer, agency and administrative documentation and/or information.
1. Ensures health and safety of residents; ensures delivery of quality, professional care.
2. Residential Managers are required to work a minimum of 16 hours of residential care each week in addition to covering call offs when necessary
3. Responsible for managing the annual house budget in accordance with agency requirements.
4. Demonstrates knowledge of agency policies and procedures and is proactive in ensuring compliance with same.
5. Demonstrates knowledge of IDD Waiver regulations as they pertain to community based Waiver participants and is able to apply such knowledge so as to maintain compliance with regulations.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of Office of Health Facility Licensure and Certification (OHFLAC) regulations as they pertain to behavioral health and residential sites and is able to apply such knowledge so as to maintain compliance with regulations.
7. Prepares residential staff and AMAP schedules and monitors staff for professional coverage according to established staff to participant ratios and with a minimum of overtime.
8. Ensures that staff follow all agency policies and specific consumers’ habilitation programs and behavior plans.
9. Conducts random, unannounced house checks to assure houses are being maintained and in compliance with licensure requirements.
10. Implements appropriate disciplinary actions according to company’s disciplinary action policy
11. Conducts annual performance evaluations of residential direct care staff.
12. Conducts staff meetings/trainings with new and existing staff as necessary and provides mentoring to ensure ongoing staff development
13. Investigates all incidents that require completion of an incident report or
ABC charting to ensure proper reporting and submission of said incidents
14. Ensures that all staff members receive required trainings within the time frame established by agency policy or licensure
15. Attends and participates in consumer’s interdisciplinary team meetings and annual assessments.
16. Communicates regularly with agency nurses, service coordinators, and therapeutic consultants about consumers’ needs. Works with the company registered nurse to develop and maintain residents’ treatment plan and monitor medications.
17. Ensures that residence is maintained in a clean and safe manner and in compliance with company policies and licensing requirements. Reports needed residential maintenance/repairs to appropriate individuals.
18. Ensures that residential vehicle is maintained in compliance with company policies and licensing requirements. Reports needed maintenance/repairs to residential vehicle to appropriate individuals.
19. Handles consumers’ money, and is responsible for all tracking of consumer funds and associated paperwork.
20. Oversees proper and accurate completion and submission of all consumer/residential documentation, including but not limited to, task analysis sheets, incident reports, ABC charting, medication records, and general ledger accounts.
21. Schedules and attends consumers’ medical, dental, and other appointments and completes and submits associated paperwork.
22. Coordinates grocery shopping for consumer and assists in menu planning.
23. Completes orders from central supply.
24. Maintains and promotes positive relationships with coworkers, supervisors, administration, and external contacts.
25. Maintains and promotes a positive, professional, consumer-focused work environment in furtherance of agency’s mission.
26. Must maintain training and certification as per agency, licensure and funding source requirements, including but not limited to Overview of Developmental Disabilities, People First Language, Normalization, Sensitivity to Individual/Family Needs/Concerns, Participant Rights and Confidentiality, Recognition of and Reporting of Neglect and Abuse, Positive Behavior Support, Non-violent Crisis intervention, Current IDD Waiver Manual and Home and Community Based Waiver Services, current certification in First Aid, current certification in CPR, Development of Task Analysis and/or Methodology, Overview of Positive Behavioral Sup[port, Development of Behavioral Guidelines, Protocols, and Positive Behavioral Support Plans.
27. Attends regularly scheduled Residential Manager meetings.
28. Provides direct care as needed, including coverage of call-offs and no-shows
VI. CHAIN OF COMMAND:
Residential Manager reports directly to the Residential Services Assistant. Residential Services Assistant reports directly to the Residential Services Supervisor. Executive Director reports directly to the Board of Directors.
VII. PERFORMANCE: Performance is evaluated annually based upon
Departmental and individual goals and objectives.
VIII. EMPLOYMENT STATUS: The Residential Manager is an hourly, non-exempt position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $11.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location