La Jolla based Engineering and Technology company serving Federal and DoD government clients seeks a full-time accounting professional eager to join a growing team in an uplifting work environment. We value the quality contributions of our entire team and offer highly competitive salaries with excellent benefits. The Accounting/Contracts Specialis assists with daily accounting requirements and contract matters. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with federal bid and proposal drafting from responses to sources sought notices through post-award documentation, including contracts administration support with an emphasis on FAR/DFAR compliance;
- Utilize various databases for tracking ongoing and new proposal efforts;
- Support requirements for supplemental proposal requirements (e.g., teaming documents, NDAs, rate calculation, fiscal summaries, compliance statements, reports, spreadsheets, etc.) for completeness and compliance with federal contract requirements, including applicable FAR, DFAR, and DCAA regulations;
- Create project spreadsheets for cost tracking and analysis;
- Verify accuracy of project accounting data, including costs related to time, materials, travel, and subcontractors;
- Process A/R and A/P matters
- Help with travel expenditures and reports
- Special projects and additional tasks, as required
What we're looking for:
- Experience working in Defense Contracting Industry or experience with FAR, DFAR, and DCAA matters.
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree;
- At least 3 years' of work experience performing accounting duties (individuals working in the Federal Contracting Industry are highly encouraged to apply);
- At least 1 year of work experience assisting with company contractual matters in the Federal Contracting Industry;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Familiar with best practices for payroll, invoicing, A/R, and A/P;
- A high degree of computer and spreadsheet proficiency (including Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook);
- Excellent and professional communication skills required, both written and verbal;
- Be a motivated, self-starter and have the ability to work independently on assigned tasks;
- Outstanding time management skills;
- A desire to excel and become a vital part of a team long-term.
Highly Desired Skills:
- Experience with contracts supporting the Federal Government and/or supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) is a plus.
- Knowledgeable about the accounting aspects of Cost Plus and Time & Material contracts.
- Basic experience involving compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARs) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARs).
USS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Quickbooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- Federal or DoD Contracts: 1 year (Required)
- FAR/DFAR: 1 year (Preferred)
- DCAA: 1 year (Preferred)