CR Meyer is an industrial construction general contractor headquartered in Oshkosh, WI, with eight regional offices strategically located throughout the United States. We are trusted experts in nine market sectors including: pulp and paper, food and beverage, hydro/power generation, maintenance services, mining, converting/printing/plastics/packaging, oil and gas, scrap and recycling and general industrial services. With over 130 years of expertise, we design solutions that control project costs, maximize productivity, and provide construction crews with the tools necessary to perform their jobs safely and efficiently.
To the qualified candidate, we offer an industry-leading compensation and benefit program including:
- Employer-paid health insurance
- Employer-paid dental insurance
- Generous paid time-off plan
- 401k match with profit sharing
- Annual Bonus Eligibility
- Travel Incentive & Subsistence
- Work-Life Balance Flexibilty
Based out of the Coleraine, MN, office, the Project Coordinator contributes to the overall success of CR Meyer and its heavy industrial/ manufacturing customers through supporting the project team during the planning, budgeting, construction and post-construction project phases. Works collaboratively as a team to ensure the project meets CR Meyer’s safety guidelines, as well as all designated quality, schedule and budget requirements.
- Works collaboratively with the Project Manager and the rest of the project team in estimating and executing construction projects.
- Using a general knowledge of construction principles and design specifications, assists in preparing bids for customers.
- Participates in the active implementation of the CR Meyer Risk Control Plan for all projects, and shares in the responsibility for maintaining a safe job site working with the customer, on-site staff, Safety Coordinator and the whole project team.
- Assists in preparing budgets and schedules for construction project execution.
- Prepares POs for all project-related expenses, tracks labor hours, processes expense sheets and prepares invoicing.
- Tracks and maintains subcontracts and vendor information.
- Coordinates the movement of assigned equipment, tools, supplies and other resources needed to complete the job and controls losses.
- Assists in the tracking of productivity factors and documents them for future reference.
- Keeps the Project Manager informed of any situations that require attention, maintains open lines of communication with the project team and may act as a back-up to the Project Manager.
- Participates in routine site visits for plan implementation, reviewing budget status, determining progress, communicating with the on-site team and ensuring safety/compliance standards.
- Participates in periodic updates and regularly communicates with the customer, project team, field staff, subcontractors and all other interested parties to ensure construction projects stay within specifications, schedule and budget through completion.
- Assists in making sure that the proper QA/QC standards and “means and methods engineering” procedures required for the project are implemented and within CR Meyer guidelines.
- Learns and uses CR Meyer provided software to prepare all required documents and project management updates.
- At project completion, participates in project close-out meetings as needed.
- Properly documents completed projects to use as a reference in the future.
- Wears all assigned PPE and observes CR Meyer safety guidelines at all times.
- Due to project deadlines and demands, regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Completes all related reports and paperwork in a timely manner.
- Represents the CR Meyer brand in a positive, professional manner at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Previous experience in construction required, preferably with an emphasis in large-scale civil/ structural projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Projects and Primavera required.
- Ability to complete all CR Meyer training and perform job duties within safety guidelines including, but not limited to, First/Aid-CPR Certification, OSHA 30 and SafeStart.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening and comply with CR Meyer’s Drug & Alcohol Policy and Program.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
- Ability to travel to various project sites within the United States required.
Job Type: Full-time
- construction: 3 years (Required)
- heavy industrial: 1 year (Preferred)