Under supervision by the Field Service Manager the Combo Route Driver ensures that The ICEE Company is always represented in a professional and courteous manner. Customer and Service are always capitalized at ICEE and we have a commitment to success to not only our Customers but also our partners and our peers. The Combo Route Driver daily responsibilities are to: deliver products, complete and rotate account inventory, complete invoices, clean machines, and replace promotional materials. In addition to these duties, the Combo Technician may need to perform as a Service Technician. Combo Technicians will work with minimal supervision and are required to attend weekly meetings held in their Service Center. Individuals in this role are provided with: a vehicle, uniforms, tools, cell phone, and gas card
REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive emergency service or supply calls from Service Center, Field Manager, or Customer Service daily.
- In certain locations the Combo Route Driver is responsible for machine movement including not limited to: installations, exchanges of old or damaged machines, or pulling machines when accounts are closed.
- Performs preventative maintenance, troubleshoot or diagnose service problems and repairs as needed.
- Responsible for loading/unloading vehicle to ensure inventory for delivery prepared for daily route. Making sure to complete inventory count at the end of shift.
- Complete scheduled deliveries assigned and ensure prompt delivery of products and promotional items.
- Discuss with store personnel any new product to be left and inform them of new promotional items.
- Ensure proper training of ICEE equipment is discussed with any store personnel that are not familiar with machine operation.
- Clean machines, replenish stock of cups/lids/straws, and freshen promotional materials.
- Get invoice stamped with store stamp at necessary accounts.
- Complete daily recap on route envelope. Inventory of deliveries that are made, mileage, and time in and out should be posted on route envelope. Any comments to supervisors should be written on the envelope as well.
- On occasion, there will be COD (cash on demand) accounts delivered. The driver will deliver the product to these accounts and in return he/she will receive the payment for this product. If cash payment is made, the driver is responsible for obtaining a money order for the proper amount. This money order is turned into the Service Center at the end of the day.
NOTE: See Service Technician description for detailed service requirements.
To perform this job successfully, the Combo Route Drivers must be self-motivated and have the ability to stay on task with minimal to no supervision. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Must possess enthusiasm and motivation toward in-store merchandising and POS.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Customer relations, interpersonal relationships, team relations and service.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must be self-starter and be able to accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
- Great oral and written communication skills. Must be comfortable performing basic mathematical functions as well.
- Combo Route Drivers must be at least 21 years of age due to DOT regulations.
- Minimum of two (2) years Customer Service and/or Route Driving experience.
- Graduate of Technical or Vocational School a plus.
- Experience working as a service technician or possess mechanical aptitude.
- Certification by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to handle refrigerant is a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License with an excellent driving record.
- Ability to lift 55 lbs or more on a regular basis. Occasional lifting in excess of 70 lbs required.
- Ability to Drive 40% of the time.
- Must have steel toe shoes.
ICEE is an equal employment opportunity employer and prohibits discriminatory employment actions against, and treatment of, employees and applicants for employment based on actual or perceived Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, alienage, religion or creed, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition or characteristics, disability or veteran's status, sex offenses, prior record of arrest or conviction, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking and unemployment status.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)