Fort Walton Beach,Florida,United States 6J7BP3
Join a team where Engineering really matters! Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking Mid-Career Level Software Engineers for exciting opportunities with C-17 Globemaster Flight and Ground Systems in Fort Walton Beach, FL.
Members of the C-17 Avionics & Flight Controls (AVFC) Team develop and test associated systems in a fast paced agile engineering environment. Candidates work closely with other software engineers, systems engineers, other disciplines, customers, suppliers and field service representatives. Candidates will research and integrate new technologies that support the world’s finest airlift aircraft. Candidates will have the opportunity to work with Air Force customers using the latest engineering techniques to design and test C-17 aircraft sensors, controls, communications, avionics, and flight systems.
- Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for Flight Management Systems.
- Integrates software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Performs software project management and software supplier management functions.
- Executes and documents software research and development projects.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for avionic systems domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations.
- Developing requirements for flight planning, air drop, guidance, navigation, takeoff and landing are all within the purview of C-17 Systems engineers.
- Works under general direction.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Ability to obtain a Secret U. S. Security Clearance post-start
- Minimum 3 years avionics systems or software development experience
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification:
- A current active Secret U. S. Security Clearance
- Engineering experience within the aerospace industry
- Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Computer Science degree
Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time Engineering Mods & Maintenance Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company