Administrative Manager Oncology Research
- Manage a research team of study coordinators, and research nurses to ensure that all aspects of GCP are complied with at all times including proper informed consent, source documentation, and adherence to protocol requirements by research staff.
- Communicate directly with study staff and investigators; track patient recruitment and progress to ensure adherence to study timelines; maintaining and reporting metrics for clinical site performance.
- Coordinate monitoring of all trials by identifying and managing qualified staff, establishing audit procedures and ensuring that data is entered into the database in a timely fashion.
- Reviewing monitoring reports, protocol deviations and data listings for sponsored studies to ensure reliable quality data are delivered.
- Maintains administrative staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Lead planning and communication with cross-functional teams to ensure proper execution and conduct of the trial.
- Track and report on the progress of assigned clinical trials including budget and timelines.
- Preparation, oversight and review of study related documents, including contracts, protocols, and regulatory submissions.
- Maintain a broad scope of knowledge to identify and pursue possible solutions to problems. Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Research experience includes outstanding ability to analyze, gather, write, evaluate and produce detailed reports on a variety of projects.
- Expertise in collecting, review and production of critical documents
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Comfortable speaking with RN’s, MD’s, study coordinators and clinical directors.
- A team-oriented professional who works well under pressure, is goal oriented, with a commitment to exacting research.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions successfully, interact with sponsors, and team members.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration or related field, required. Master’s Degree, preferred.
Minimum of three (3) years relevant managerial experience in a health care/research laboratory setting, required; experience in off-site practice management, preferred. Knowledge of health care, research and/or academic marketplace, financial analysis, budgets and operational analysis required.
High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
Minimum of eleven (11) years progressive experience in operational management/administration in a health care/research laboratory setting, required. Knowledge of health care, research and/or academic marketplace, financial analysis, budgets and operational analysis, required.
Working knowledge of MS Office applications.