The primary function of the Load Puller is to support delivery activities. This includes inspecting merchandise prior to loading and delivery, preparing merchandise and loads for delivery, following planned delivery routes, verifying invoices against items loaded, and assisting customer installations or returns. The Load Puller is responsible for unloading, installing, and checking appliances and store equipment. The Load Puller is also responsible for providing excellent customer service by greeting customers and assisting customers in locating, selecting, demonstrating, and loading of merchandise in a friendly and professional manner. Lastly, the Load Puller is responsible for completing all other duties as assigned.
Requires morning, afternoon, and evening availability any day of the week. Required to work a Corporate schedule determined by Staffing Department, but may be changed by store management based on the needs of the store. Requests to be scheduled off for a specific day require advanced notification and approval by supervisor. Hourly Full Time or Part Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 or 10 to 25 hours per week, respectively; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
Greets and acknowledges all customers in a friendly, professional manner; provides quick, responsive customer service; and understands
and responds appropriately to basic customer and employee inquiries.
- Inspects condition of products (e.g., appliances) before loading for delivery or assisting customer with loading.
- Matches items on invoice with quantities loaded by verifying descriptions, items, and model numbers.
- Pulls merchandise, builds and bands delivery loads, and loads trucks (within the truck's payload) according to delivery order.
- Blocks off aisles while moving freight.
- Notifies Manager/Manager on Duty (MOD) of customer complaints, dissatisfaction, and procedure violations.
- Assists customers as needed in locating, demonstrating, selecting, carrying, and/or loading merchandise.
Observes all power equipment safety rules and regulations while assembling and/or performing pre-delivery inspections including
observing all Hazmat rules and regulations in regard to power equipment fluids.
- Ensures that the loads are safe, secure, and within Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Prints loading tickets from delivery system (e.g., Genesis) for customer delivery sign-offs.
- Handles delivery calls by having the truck driver call the customer or contacts customers directly.
- Cares for store equipment by refueling and charging when necessary.
- Participates in training for Hazmat, equipment, and safety procedures.
- Uses box bailer to compress cardboard that is sent to receiving.
Plans delivery activities and executes them based on the daily delivery schedule; complies with corporate delivery program and
procedures; and ensures trucks are loaded and that the delivery route begins on time.
Participates in recycling programs by making sure proper materials (e.g., Appliances, Plastics, and Batteries) are recycled (e.g., Cardboard bale, Appliance trailer, or Front of store) as appropriate.
Plans delivery activities and delivers merchandise for customers per corporate delivery program; unloads merchandise (e.g., carrying, using forklift); and obtains delivery signature from customers.
- Secures truck contents before operating vehicle.
- Accompanies drivers on deliveries.
- Puts away appliances and organizes back room. Communicates information to customers regarding all stock, special order merchandise, feature benefits, application, and warranty information.
- Retrieves merchandise and returns items to store at the customer's request.
- Monitors power equipment use, ensures it adheres to Lowe's safety standards, and reports any violations to immediate supervisors.
- Ensures doors and gates are secured or monitored when open. Detects common signs of shoplifting, theft, and other security risks, and promptly communicates them to management and/or Loss Prevention.