ArcVera Renewables, a leading renewable energy consulting firm, is seeking a part-time, contract billing/accounting specialist to join our remote team. This role will be approximately 20-45 hours a month, with most of those hours during the first week of the calendar month to meet our invoicing and close deadlines. Flexibility is important, as we are transitioning software and processes, and so more hours to start will be needed, but that would most likely smooth out by next year.
This position is responsible for our monthly, project-based billing, weekly A/R status report and leading our collection efforts/accounts receivable. Other duties may include: accounts payable, reconciliations and other general accounting and administrative tasks.
- Reliable, dependable, detail-oriented and accountable
- Comfortable/experience working in a remote and cloud environment
- Professional home office setup with your own computer, reliable internet, etc.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong technology and math skills – Quickbooks Online, Office/Excel, etc.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills (and ability to meet deadlines)
- Strong communication skills both internally and with our clients – available to reply to client or internal inquiries in a reasonable timeframe
- Understanding of accounting principles and administrative tasks
- Problem solver, not intimidated by complex project invoicing, open to learning
- Dedicated to quality, professional work, including checking your work, invoices, etc.
- Ability to dive in and figure things out, as we transition to a new accounting system
- Flexible and adaptable to changing demands, open to learning new processes
- Interest and experience in process improvement or going through process changes
- Experience with multi-currencies useful, not required
- Produce project-based invoices based on contract type, within first three business days of a calendar month
- Validates time entry information and rates as accurate to transfer to client invoices
- Translates employee and contractor time entries into vendor bills
- Ensures all invoices are accurate, aligned with client contracts and within budgets
- Works with project managers and owners as needed to determine accurate client billing rates, contracts, budgets, etc.
- Posting credit card charges, bank transactions, etc. into correct expense account
- Reconciling payments against invoices
- Inputs client and project information into accounting system, accurately tracks status of projects
- Inputs client invoice information into client AP systems
- Contacts clients to request payment status updates and tracks status for weekly reporting/updates
- Works with project managers and owners as needed to resolve outstanding payment issues with clients
- Reliably files and keeps track of information in file server
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $24.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Do you have your own reliable internet, computer/monitors and home office setup?
- Billing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote