NCI: As the dynamic Webmaster / Developer (Web Administrator ) for PEO Soldier Public Affairs Office at Fort Belvoir, VA, you will support and help lead the design and development of its high profile website and internal SharePoint site. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
NCI is a leading provider of enterprise solutions and services to U.S. defense, intelligence, health and civilian government agencies. Coupled with a refined focus on strategic partnerships, we are successfully bridging the gap between commercial best practices and mission-critical government processes. Core competencies include:
- Artificial intelligence
- Agile digital transformation
- Advanced analytics
- Hyperconverged infrastructure solutions
- Cyber security and information assurance
- Fraud, waste and abuse
- Engineering and logistics
NCI has been designated a 2018 Military Friendly Employer by MilitaryFriendly.com
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, NCI has approximately 2,000 employees operating at more than 100 locations worldwide.
- Maintain optimal site performance for the maximum number of users, webmasters test content to ensure clear display and fast page loading times using different browsers on desktop computers and the growing range of mobile devices.
- Ensure that content meets accessibility requirements.
- Ensure that there is a constant supply of high-quality, up-to-date content.
- Source material from internal and external providers and work with designers, photographers and writers to create content that is optimized for the Web in public facing.
- Establish policies and procedures for managing content to ensure that it complies with business and technical requirements.
- Ensure the web servers, hardware and software are operating accurately.
- Design PEO SOldier website.
- Generate and revise web pages.
- Examine and analyze site traffic.
- Serve as the server administrator.
- Regulate and manage access rights of different users on website.
- Create and modify appearance and setting of site.
- Lay out content on web pages.
- Test websites to see if there are any parts that are difficult to use.
- Meet with designers to agree on site's design.
- Fix links that don't work and pictures that aren't appearing properly.
- Decide how site's content will be delivered to the Internet.
- Keep files small so sites load faster.
- Test different browsers and ensure people with different computers can access a website.
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
- 2 years of experience in the following areas:
- Advanced web development experience in designing, building, and maintaining dynamic websites using PHP and ASP.Net
- Experience customizing and extending functionality of web application frameworks or content management systems
- Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator or similar graphics programs.
- Demonstrated experience or strong desire to learn SharePoint.
- Above average communication (verbal and written) skills is required.
- Experience working with Public Affairs.
- Experience customizing SharePoint site.
- Experience creating images and logos as part of a larger branding effort.
- Experience consuming Web Services, SOAP and REST.
- Education and Overall Experience:
- High School AND 14 yrs progressive experience (3 yrs at this level) OR
- Associates field AND 12 yrs progressive experience (3 yrs at this level) OR
- Bachelor in non-Directly related field AND 10 yrs progressive experience (3 yrs at this level) OR
- Bachelor in Directly related field AND 5 yrs progressive experience (3 yrs at this level) OR
- Masters in non-Directly related field AND 5 yrs progressive experience (3 yrs at this level) OR
- Masters in Directly related field AND 0 yrs experience.
- Basic understanding of Model View Controller (MVC) architecture.
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
- Sitting for long periods
- Standing for long periods
- Ambulate throughout an office
- Ambulate between several buildings
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required
- Repeatedly lift and carry weight up to 20 pounds
- Travel by land or air transportation 5%