Scientific Applications & Research Associates, Inc. (SARA) is a world-class Defense Research and Development enterprise, with a charter to create new and emerging technology innovations in support of Commercial & Government organizations. With expertise in RF, EMP, Pulsed Power, Acoustics and Threat Warning Systems we partner with our customers to address real-world problems with cost-effective solutions… that work!
The HR Coordinator, as an extension of the corporate HR Department headquartered in Cypress, CA, will serve in a pivotal role supporting our High-Power Electromagnetics (HPEM) Division in Colorado Springs. Successful candidates must be team-oriented, self-driven and versatile as they will support a wide range of competencies: HRIS data management, benefits support, recruiting, FMLA administration, onboarding, workers’ compensation, terminations, and event planning. This person can expect to be working in a fast-paced environment; often balancing competing demands.
- Serving as onsite HR Liaison reporting into corporate operations HR Management.
- Supporting local recruiting and interviewing coordination.
- Processing and conducting new hire orientations as well as employee status changes within applicable HRIS systems.
- Facilitating and supporting new employee hires throughout their onboarding process and experience.
- Administering and supporting HR off boarding processes.
- Documenting, tracking, processing and responding to leave of absence requests and work injury reports.
- Supporting employee benefits administration, escalating appropriate matters.
- Ensuring appropriate coordination, communication, and documentation relative to employee relation questions and requests
- Coordinating and facilitating proper document management strategies for appropriate retention of personnel records.
- Understanding existing HR policies, processes, and procedures to ensure scope of work is in alignment with statutes, best practices and industry norms.
- Expediently complete and submit verifications of employment within organizational guidelines
- Reviewing and analyzing regular and federally required HR Reports.
- Assist with planning and coordination of company sponsored events.
- Assisting with other HR tasks and projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or higher in area such as Human Resources or Business Administration. Associate degree acceptable with considerable experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in a Human Resources related capacity
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal employment laws
- Proficient skills in all Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to work as a member of a team, proactively contributing whatever is needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer-centric attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- U.S. citizenship
- Prior experience with ADP for payroll or HRIS support purposes
- Applicant Tracking System (ATS) experience
- Previous experience in the aerospace industry
- Broad knowledge of federally mandated HR statutes with special emphasis on those applicable to government contractors
What’s in it for you?
- We offer competitive health benefit options to include: medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance
- A generous Paid Time Off program (vacation, sick, holiday)
- Tuition reimbursement allowances
- Flexible work schedules
- Employee bonuses
- 401(k)/profit sharing and stock ownership
Salaries at SARA are competitive and are commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the individual. SARA is headquartered in the Los Angeles/Orange County area of Southern California and has offices in San Juan Capistrano, California, Colorado Springs, Colorado and Tyler, Texas.
SARA, Inc. is an EEOC/Title VII/ADA compliant federally contracted employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Also, as a federal contractor, SARA must abide by the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 and maintains a drug-free workplace regardless of local and state allowance.
U.S. citizenship is required for most positions. (www.SARA.com)