Home Partners of America (HPA) is a residential real estate investment company committed to providing responsible households with a New Path to Homeownership through its innovative Lease with a Right to Purchase Program.
The Investment Junior Associate is expected to create budgets and determine acquisition/disposition criteria utilizing lessons learned by the rest of the Analytics team.
Projects will center around working primarily in Excel – creating reporting for regular investment committee meetings and models for strategic business initiatives.
The Junior Associate will be expected to do some manual work and ad hoc tasks to supplement and help out the senior members on the team. They are expected to bring energy and enthusiasm as they learn more about both how the real estate market works as well as develop their technical skills.
In addition to a strong work ethic and motivation to learn, the Investment Junior Associate position requires the following skills: meticulous attention to detail, developing communication (both written and verbal) skills, a high level of organization, creativity, resourcefulness, and an ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Preparing, maintaining and assisting in the creation detailed financial models/valuation, projections.
- Regular work in excel
- Regular interaction with head of business units to manage active real estate portfolios and influence business decisions that impact investment performance
- Adapt to changing circumstances with minimal oversight as it relates to assigned financial models
- Analytics support team for new initiative modelling
- Voice opinions on investment recommendations
- Demonstrating resourcefulness by seeking out new and creative sources of information
- Comfort working in a small team and start up environment
- Undergraduate Degree or Master’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Business or other relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and ask pointed questions.
- 0-2 years of experience in an Investment professional role.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work under pressure, work
independently and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated interest in learning more about portfolio management and budget and forecasting
- Previous experience with SQL is a slight plus
Home Partners of America and Pathlight Property management is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions including the decision to hire, promote, discipline or discharge are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability status, genetic information, veteran or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations in which we operate.