Smart people. Great clients. A culture that fosters innovation, teamwork and professional enrichment. These are just a few reasons why so many individuals have built long and lucrative careers with IDeaS. That next individual could be you.
For 28 years, IDeaS has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. IDeaS Revenue Solutions – a SAS Company, offers industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries. We’ve been called on by industries as far-ranging as parking, airlines, transportation and event ticketing.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with our Global Technology center located in Pune, India, IDeaS maintains sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what we’re working on, our goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn’t think of going back to the old way of doing things.
Job Overview & Requirements
The Senior Associate Machine Learning Developer develops, documents, and supports the application of optimization and other machine learning tools primarily for use in new and existing solutions developed at IDeaS. Duties include extending existing and implementing new algorithms for general-use in advanced analytics applications. An additional area of focus will be providing support for real time machine learning models.
For this role, you will have the opportunity to…
• Develop high-quality machine learning software and artificial intelligence (AI) solutions by designing, programming, testing, and documenting code.
• Research, prototype, and select appropriate machine learning/AI methods and computational algorithms.
• Advance the organization’s leadership position in the market for machine learning software by understanding and anticipating customer needs.
• Build expertise in one or more specialized areas of machine learning by participation in research conferences and professional activities.
• Work closely with IDeaS Research, Software Development, QA, Product Management and Technical Support Team in delivering quality solutions that integrate machine learning tools into other company solutions and analytical products.
• Engage in learning and adopting advanced programming techniques and IDeaS development environment.
• Execute development work within existing standards, procedures and methodologies with IDeaS.
• Influence long-term strategic decisions about analytics.
• Establish one’s professional and technical place as a recognized innovator in machine learning software development internally and externally
• Research leading-edge areas of machine learning to grow the existing knowledge base and generate broad contributions to machine learning software science
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
Do you qualify? You must have…
• Broad, up-to-date background in machine learning/AI or sub subspecialties, usually gained in a strong Master’s degree program (This level would also be appropriate for an individual who has completed all course requirements for a Ph.D.)
• Aptitude for professional software development as demonstrated by programming experience in C, C++, Java or similar low-level programming language
Preferences for this role include…
• Experience writing large-scale distributed programs with significant numerical content in C, C++, Python, or similar programming language
• Exposure to developing and maintaining machine learning or optimization software.
• Significant programming experience with either Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning procedures, High-Performance Data Mining procedures, SAS In-memory statistics, or CAS procedure.
• Parallel and distributed programming skills
• Ability to grasp economic fundamentals/business principals of things like Pricing, Revenue Management or Forecasting roles and/or multiple professional projects
• Any professional exposure to the Hospitality, Event Planning, Airline, Cruise, or related industries as either an employee or in working-on significant projects
Want to stay up to date with IDeaS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
IDeaS/SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
IDeaS/SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, IDeaS/SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. IDeaS/SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.