Store Director working in Las Vegas, NV
The Store Director is responsible for the entire management and operation of the store including retail sales and food service in order to maximize sales, net profits, and store productivity. Responsibilities include customer service, monitoring fuel dispensers, cash control, cash register operation, cleaning, stocking and other duties as assigned. Provide prompt, efficient, effective, and courteous quality service to the customer, as well as maintain the conditions of the store to the quality and safety standards set by the Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to perform all duties of Adventure Guide, all FRESCH positions, and Operations Manager.
- Maintain staffing level at the store by following the Company Selection and Hiring process.
- Supervise and train store employees by assigning duties and demonstrating desired tasks or activities to ensure excellent performance.
- Assist in the career development of all store employees. Train, update, encourage and support all store employees.
- Responsible for the performance management of all store employees. Administer corrective discipline where needed, and counsel and discharge employees where necessary while ensuring that all necessary documentation is completed according to Company policy.
- Take action to ensure a highly satisfied, loyal, and committed staff of employees.
- Promote excellent service; resolve customer complaints in a timely and professional manner. Ensure merchandise is available, stocked and attractively displayed.
- Oversee operations on a 24-hour/7 day a week basis; responsible for the implementation of all applicable Company programs and promotions. Expected to spend time carrying out routine duties, including customer checkout, food preparation, cleaning, stocking, ordering, etc.
- Ensure effective store operations including: inventory and cash control, bank deposits, daily reports, staff meetings, work schedules, shift checkout procedures as well as foodservice quality, availability, appearance, efficiency of production, pulls, etc.
- Establish work schedule in accordance with Company policy, meeting work ratio goals. Accountable for productivity & costs associated with store as measured by work ratio. Maintains work ratio at or below store goal.
- Inspect store facilities and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and proper working order, submitting reports or requests for repairs, maintenance and safety.
- Safeguard and account for all money received and disbursed, ensuring that at least two store bank deposits are made daily.
- Order merchandise accurately on a timely basis, ensuring that proper check-in procedures are followed, pricing is correct, and inventory is stocked as required.
- Ensure that all required store paperwork and reports are accurate and submitted on a timely basis.
- Review the store’s monthly profit/loss statement, vendor analysis and retail reports, and recommend action to improve the operation.
- Follow and enforce city, county, state, and federal laws affecting store operations.
- Serve as Safety Coordinator for the store.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for entire shift.
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds from ground to waist level.
- Ability to bend at waist with some twisting during workday.
- Ability to work with arms bent all day.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, and/or crouch while working.
- Ability to push and pull with arms up to a force of 20 pounds (i.e. utilizing a hand truck).
- Ability to grasp, reach and manipulate objects with hands throughout workday; requires hand-eye coordination and may require bilateral coordination of hands.
- Live and exemplify Maverik’s Core Values.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- The list of Essential Job Duties is not exhaustive but is merely the most accurate list for the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed at any time.
Experience, Competencies and Education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Food Service Permit, as required by store/county/state
- Ability to learn simple tasks quickly and work with little or no supervision
- Supervision/management experience preferred.
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Customer service and interpersonal skills