Medline has an immediate opening for a Senior Administrative Assistant
at our Northfield, IL headquarters supporting. This individual will support our Urology, Respiratory & Anesthesia product divisions. Duties will include data entry, filing, calendar/travel management, document change control and assistance in daily office activities. Collect, compile and analyze data and information. Compose straightforward written descriptions and summaries of results.
- Perform assigned administrative activities in support of individual and team objectives.
- Facilitate communications between the senior leader and peers and between the leader and external parties such as media, customers, and the public.
- Schedule meetings and make travel arrangements.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in analyzing information requests and determining trends. Gather, compile, verify, and analyze information for the leader’s use in documents such as memos, letters, reports, speeches, presentations, and news releases.
- Organize, maintain and distribute files, reports and mail.
- Write/transcribe SOP's and other documents. Draft procedures, presentations and reports as directed (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Distribute weekly and monthly reports. Track and trend information as directed.
- Establish and maintain centralized locations for shared files. Maintain and update databases (e.g. complaints, discrepancies, etc.).
Medline offers a business casual, entrepreneurial work environment with strong growth potential, a competitive compensation package, and a complete benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance; 401(k) with company match. And much more!
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 4 years of administrative assistant experience.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: designing and creating simple queries, modifying data types, adding dates, working with required fields and/or creating labels).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate skill level in Project and Adobe Writer.
- Type 40+ wpm.