A TGI Fridays Host/Hostess presents a positive first impression of TGI Fridays friendliness, excellent service and high standards. The Host/Hostess also greets Guests upon arrival, ensures the guest dining experience is excellent and bids Guests farewell as they leave.
Specific responsibilities of the Host/Hostess include:
- Greet incoming and departing guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact.
- Uses visual cues to seat guests in either the bar or dining area depending on their preference.
- Informs guest of current promotions and who will be serving them to ensure a smooth handoff to the service staff.
- Promptly answers incoming calls to the restaurant and provide appropriate service.
- Manages the flow of Guests into the dining and bar areas, provides accurate wait times to incoming guests if appropriate.
- Tends to special guest needs and requests.
- Follows all relevant brand standards to deliver Fridays Service Style.
- Observes guests’ needs throughout dining experience to ensure they receive high quality service (i.e. notice a drink refill is needed while seating another guest and ensures the drink is refilled prior to getting back to the door).
A TGI Fridays Host/Hostess must be able to carry natural conversation with guests without sounding scripted or intrusive.
Additional specific requirements for the Host/Hostess include:
- Must be able to read menus
- Must be able to articulate clear greetings and farewells to guests, as well as being able to understand requests for assistance
- Must be able to clearly communicate guests’ needs to Servers, Bussers, Managers, etc.
- Must be able to hear well in a loud environment in order to answer telephone and respond to guest requests
- Must be able to walk and stand during the entire shift
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and wipe
- Must be able to articulate clear greetings and farewells to guests
- Must be able to understand requests for assistance
- Must be able to carry trays or supplies (10-30 lbs.)