Bright Beginnings is accepting applications for a full-time Intake Specialist.
Bright Beginnings provides services that promote the health and development of infants and toddlers so that children start school healthy and ready to learn. Services are designed with the family’s priorities and goals in mind and occur in the home or other community setting. Bright Beginnings supports families through home visiting, early intervention, and connections to community resources.
The Ohio Department of Health and Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities have jointly selected Bright Beginnings as the new statewide Help Me Grow Central Intake and Referral System vendor beginning July 1, 2018. The Help Me Grow Central Intake and Referral system serves as a single point of entry for access, assessment, and referral of families to appropriate home visiting services and the Early Intervention program.
The role of the Intake Specialist in the statewide Help Me Grow Central Intake and Referral System involves:
• Processing calls to engage families in the Help Me Grow system of services, determining program referral eligibility, and assigning referrals to appropriate program services.
• Ensuring referrals from various sources are not duplicates and performing real-time data entry into the ODH and Central Intake databases with attention to detail to create electronic records.
• Answering agency and departmental phone lines maintaining a consistent positive, helpful attitude. Providing appropriate information to callers and referring callers to resources as needed.
• Meeting established timelines required by the Ohio Department of Health.
Only candidates who meet the following minimum qualifications should apply:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of two years of customer service experience.
• Basic skill level in Microsoft Office applications, email applications, and internet usage.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, real-time data entry environment.
• Data entry and keyboarding at 35 words per minute.
This position will be filled upon funding availability.