Licensed Civil Engineer / Civil Project Manager ( Sacramento California )
Civil Engineering Site Land Development Division
Position: Licensed Civil Engineer / Civil Project Manager - ( Civil Site Land Development Division )
Office Locations: Fresno or Sacramento California
TJG Civil Engineers is actively seeks P.E. Licensed Civil Engineer / Civil Project Manager to join our thriving Sacramento California office.
This Licensed Civil Engineer / Civil Project Manager will typically report directly to our firms Principal and operates with a wide degree of latitude, with minimal supervision.
Licensed Civil Engineer / Civil Project Manager maintains competency in and serves as major firm resource in field of expertise (Civil Engineering Land Development Projects) . Will lead and be responsible for all phases of civil engineering land development project planning and design from start to finish.
Our civil engineering land development expertise and services have been provided to a wide variety of clients, including:
Cities and Counties
Commercial and Shopping Center Developers
Hospital and Health Care Industry
Office and Industrial Developers
Recreation and Park Districts
Sacramento Regional Transit
Single-Family and Multi-Family Residential Developers
State of California
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
U.S. Department of Defense
U.S. Postal Service
Universities and School Districts
LICENSED CIVIL ENGINEER / CIVIL PROJECT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Prepares and monitors civil engineering land development project budgets. Has overall responsibility for the profitability of projects.
- Responsible for civil engineering land development project schedules and timely completion of projects. - Serves as senior project engineer on complex civil engineering land development projects and as a designated client contact.
- Supervises and monitors client relationship strategies.
- Coordinates and approves pricing, estimating, scoping and marketing strategies for proposed projects. - Responsible for ensuring contracts are administered according to company goals.
- Develops engineering agreements for projects within the department.
- Prepares forecast of workload for assigned staff.
- Develops probable construction cost estimates for projects within the department.
- Attends client meetings
- Responsible for control of work-in-process, ensures accurate client billings, and monitors outstanding accounts receivable and collection efforts on his/her projects.
- Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design project.
- Directs and supervises other engineer's activities
- may perform duties of a supervisor or department head.
- Handles contract administration.
- Prepares or directs preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, and designs for project.
- Directs draftspersons / technicians to convert designs to working drawings.
- Visits construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Manages significant marketing responsibilities with clients to obtain work for the firm.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary to meet business requirements
ESSENTIAL LICENSED CIVIL ENGINEER / CIVIL PROJECT MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college or university and a minimum of (8) eight years experience or the equivalent thereof.
- Professional Licensed Engineer (PE) in the State of California (Required)
- Must have considerable to significant civil engineering project management experience pertaining to civil engineering land development projects such as residential subdivision or commercial site development projects.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, trigonometry and financial functions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Candidates local to the Fresno or Sacramento California area will receive priority hiring consideration. But we are also open to applicants that are ready and willing to relocate to the location listed above.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without employee sponsorship and/or Visa transfer. Must have US citizenship or Green Card.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email current resume and our Engineering Director or CAD Manager will give you a call for an initial phone interview in further serious consideration for employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: