Brooks Automation, Inc.
At Brooks, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships.
All we accomplish is grounded in our core values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value and Integrity
NPI Supply Chain Program Manager
The NPI Supply Chain Program Manager will work primarily with the Semiconductor
Automation Product Development Team as the lead supply chain representative for new product development. This role will provide the required support that ensures all functions of supply chain are fulfilled and the assigned products are released in accordance with project deliverables.
- Primary ownership for new product material costs with full understanding and reporting of cost drivers and cost changes. Partners with Engineering, Commodity Managers, and Suppliers to drive optimal material costs including alignment with commodity strategies for supply base optimization and lowest total acquisition cost.
- Coordinate with the Systems Team to ensure new product releases are aligned with the Brooks Product Life-Cycle Phase/Gates and the products are efficiently and accurately released through all required PLM and ERP Systems.
- Work with the assigned functional leaders to track and coordinate all program deliverables, highlighting key program risks and putting plans in place to mitigate those risks, providing regular reports/updates on program status. This includes identification and mitigation of long-term supply chain risks presented by new designs.
- Manage the flow of materials per project requirements including analysis of supplier capacity and capability to ensure their ability to supply parts with on-going adjustment of material flow for adequate line fill and inventory optimization.
- May provide technical support for DFx (design for all desirable manufacturability, assembly, test attributes) including reviewing engineering changes and assessment of materials/supply chain impact.
- Interacts with suppliers to ensure appropriate support and execution of NPI deliverables as well as participate in managing supplier relationships and performance.
- Active engagement in process improvements to continually increase efficiency and effectiveness of product development and supply chain processes.
- Occasional travel required, including international.
Required Experience and Education:
- Minimum of five years of experience with Commodity Management and/or Sourcing in an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment.
- Strong background with mechanical commodities (sheet-metal, precision machining, welding, plastics, injection molding, casting, brazing) with ability to read and interpret technical documents including drawings, blueprints, product specifications, material tolerances, finish specifications. Understanding of GD&T and mechanical industry workmanship standards.
- 3+ years of experience in program management of new product through the development and product life-cycle processes.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, negotiation and communication skills.
- Must have experience with international purchasing and sourcing including ability to interact and work with teams which are geographically dispersed. Prefer experience with supply base in Korea.
- Customer-focused, self-motivated with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with minimal direction, ability to drive initiatives and programs with unclear initial definition.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Experience and knowledge of Semi Conductor Equipment manufacturing is highly desirable.
BS or BA Degree in Engineering, Purchasing or Technical discipline.
Project/Program management training and/or certification preferred.
Lean Six-Sigma training and/or certification preferred.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please email at HR.Recruiting@brooks.com for assistance.
Brooks Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.