3M is seeking a Maintenance Technician for the Facilities and Services division located in Park Rapids, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Maintenance Technician
will assist facilities maintenance and guest service operations. This includes maintaining of offices, grounds, buildings, and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Assist and perform daily security rounds and maintains HVAC system malfunctions making repairs through the use of a variety of methods, including the replacement of worn parts or contacting management for vendor repair contacts. Assist in a variety of general manual duties including, transport of equipment, luggage, loading and unloading of vehicles and set up of event props and equipment. Assist with minor repairs, removes trash and litter and cleans outdoor areas. Carry pager/cell phone as required for security maintenance. Provide customers with support such as shuttle to areas on campus, fulfilling minor requests and providing information to aid in problem solving.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
include but are not limited to the following:
This position will require:
- Transport luggage and cargo for arriving and departing guests
- During events provide customer service functions
- Maintenance of offices, grounds, buildings, and equipment; maintain facility in a clean and orderly condition
- Makes minor repairs, removes trash and litter and cleans indoor and outdoor areas
- Set up of meeting room and meeting break out equipment for guest services
- Provide shuttle for guests upon request or offer shuttle during shift hours
- Weekend work
- Working holidays as needed
- Working a rotating shift (7 AM - 3:30 PM and 3 PM - 11:30 PM with varying schedule; four on and two off)
- Willingness to be on call
- Frequent physical demands, including:
- Frequently lifting up to 25 lbs. (unassisted)
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs. (unassisted)
- Working at heights (utilizing ladders)
- Operating machinery, including a company vehicle
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a building maintenance and/or cleaning role in a private, public, government or military environment
- Possess a current and valid driver’s license
Location: Park Rapids, MN
Travel: May include up to 5% domestic
Relocation: Is not authorized
This is a part-time position that will be scheduled 32-40 hours per week, which includes 3M benefits.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in a technical, hospitality/resort or other service-related field
- Experience in facilities maintenance and with understanding of maintenance processes and equipment
- Skills including; strong communication, mechanical aptitude, and problem-solving ability, also clear understanding of the customer service industry