CACI is pursuing the prime contract for a large human resources information technology services effort. The program is a large information technology solution and services delivery contract with high visibility within CACI’s portfolio of enterprise business systems and Human Capital management solution programs. The contract scope is to provide information technology systems, solutions, integration, and support services in support of end-to-end human capital business processes (recruiting, onboarding, training, personnel management, talent management, payroll, and benefits) across the TSA enterprise.
At CACI, our philosophy of employee advancement rests on a cultural foundation of providing unlimited equal opportunity for growth, recognition and rewards. We provide the environment and support to immediately nurture and stretch your abilities. The project offers a 5-year contract opportunity and a significant exposure and growth opportunity for individuals joining CACI. This project is part of a significant strategic growth plan centered on human capital systems, solutions, and technical services line of business in CACI. Joining the project offers more than a project assignment; it offers a career growth opportunity in a rapidly growing and strategic CACI line of business with great success for Federal and DoD market customers. We anticipate landing/expanding our work within this agency, and across other similar agencies, which also provides for an opportunity to lead a portfolio of business supporting the HCM market.
Provides program management expertise to manage a large-scale development, sustainment, transformation, and implementation of HCM applications contract for TSA end-to-end human capital management business processes. across the enterprise. Work with and manage a large technical team including subcontractors for a large-scale program of over $150M. Plan, coordinate, and manage all aspects of the program including schedule, costs, staffing, and day-to-day customer interactions. Ensures all objectives, deliverables, and technical requirements are completed while meeting the quality objectives of the project. Support capture and proposal efforts to formulate winning proposal solutions that include a detailed management plan for contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all day-to-day activities of the project
- Create and maintain project schedules and cost tracking deliverables
- Ensure each project deliverable meets customer operational and functional requirements
- Provides leadership to ensure the program meets all key performance parameters and achieves all established organizational objectives
- Interface with Government and other stakeholder customers and represent CACI in project meetings
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the business area’s Program Management Office.
- Identifies and Manages to Performance and Management metrics that track progress against schedule and cost baselines
- Conducts program reviews internally with CACI senior management and externally with the Customer leadership team
- PMP Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, 10-12 years of experience of management experience or equivalent technical
- Experience managing large, multi-functional project teams in a systems development environment
- Experience managing complex tasks under tight budget and time constraints
- Must have demonstrated experience with large COTS implementations and integration efforts
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with fielding IT systems, programs and/or software
- SECRET or clearance
- Must possess the ability to lead, and delegate responsibility, tasks, and authority
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven experience building and maintaining strong customer relationships
- Proven experience building, and maintaining a risk register and mitigating significant program risks
- Experience with Integrated Management Schedules
- Master’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, PM, or business management; and 15 years of experience
- Have previous experience working with Federal Government or DOD (preferably DHS or TSA)
- PM of large-scale software intensive program
- Experience managing a program that required formal Earned Value Management
- Experience managing the implementation of COTS ERP or SaaS solutions
- Applied Information Technology Service Management Deployment Experience in large scale IT organization
- Demonstrated success at assisting in the management of, or managing integrated teams of complex technologies and processes
- Familiar with Human Resource systems and solutions
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian clients. A member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies and the Russell 2000 Index, CACI provides dynamic careers for approximately 15,000 employees working in over 120 offices worldwide.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.