About OpsTech IT
Operations is at the heart of Amazon business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. OpsTech IT is a global organization who provides 24x7 IT support to Amazon Operations, including Fulfillment, Sortation, Logistics, and Last Mile. We also provide operational support on behalf of key partners including Amazon Fulfillment Technologies, OpsTech Infrastructure Engineering, Amazon Robotics, Amazon Warehouse Control Systems, and Amazon Lockers.
Together, we take ownership for what we do — whether supporting IT infrastructure, developing new technology in-house, launching a new Amazon Fulfillment Center, or delighting our customers by delivering packages directly to them. When we hire you at Amazon, we hire for the future. With unlimited career opportunities, Amazon invests in ensuring our teams are consistently inspired, constantly learning from each other, and are creatively contributing to our next big idea. You will be surrounded by the best innovators of our time. We value diversity! See why diversity is important to us at amazon.com/diversity
We are looking for self-motivated individuals to take on new challenges and motivate teams in fostering solutions to the hurdles we face. Your role as a leader will be to confront obstacles others avoid and create a team that embodies our leadership principles.
About The Role
You will be leading a team of IT professionals with various skill sets on our OpsTech IT Service Desk to provide truly innovative technical support to Amazon’s Operations team who fulfill our customer promises millions of times a day. The technology varies between our different facilities, but Amazon’s core IT infrastructure is fully redundant and relies upon top tier vendor hardware networked over fiber optic, copper, and wireless topologies. Your internal customers, whether human, robotic, or mechanical, use mobile computing devices, thin clients, integrated computer, and PCs running Windows, Linux, and Android operating systems to virtually and physically move e-commerce items from our suppliers into our fulfillment centers shelves, from those shelves into packaging, those packages into cars, trucks, and airplanes for delivery to front doors around the world.
Key responsibilities include:
- Hire, train, and develop a team of IT professionals.
- Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates.
- Interact with management and staff to provide technical assistance for continuous improvement of IT solutions.
- Establish and maintain a positive, productive relationship with operational partners and staff.
- Plan, organize, schedule, and supervise the day-to-day technical support activities, including troubleshooting, customer service issues, approvals, and installations.
- Measure, monitor, and maintain team’s ability to meet or exceed contact and resolution Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures, and processes.
- Oversee management of equipment and parts inventory.
- Create, manage, and support recognition and communication programs.
- Travel up to 30%.
We are committed to developing a diverse organization and we are even more committed to working with you to make that happen. Depending on the type of job, you will be required to engage in physical warehouse activities with or without reasonable accommodation. These activities include the following:
- Lifting and moving material up to 49 pounds each.
- Bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Frequent walking in the facilities that can be over a quarter mile in length
- Standing and walking during shift lasting up to 12 hours a day.
- Ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways.
What Do We Offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages, including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1 and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. If you’re not in it for those perks, here is one more: we don’t wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be your daily outfit. Jeff Bezos’s most recent letter to shareholders sums it all up pretty well. Find it at https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1018724/000119312516530910/d168744dex991.htm
Candidates located 50 miles or more from the site are eligible for relocation assistance.
The range of base pay for this position in Austin, TX is $116,000 to $152,000 however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payout and restricted stock units are provided as part of the total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Base pay information may vary for internal candidates. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
- 5+ years’ experience managing technical teams
- 7+ years’ experience managing managers
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 60%.
- Bachelor's degree or 6+ years relevant professional, industry or military experience.
- Previous IT Infrastructure Operations, IT Service Management or IT Business Operations experience.
- Motivates others by creating a climate in which people want to do their best
- Knows personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and limits
- Demonstrates integrity and is widely trusted
- Availability to handle changing priorities, deal with ambiguity and use good judgment in stressful situations.
- Must be bias for action, innovative and able to dive into the deepest details.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- MBA or Master’s Degree in a technical discipline
- ITIL Foundation Certified
- Strong performance engineering, capacity planning, and forecasting background
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us