About Walmart Media Group
At Walmart, we've led retail for over 60 years by keeping our customers' needs at the center of everything we do. Our latest innovations leverage our online reach and massive network of physical stores to save 160 million weekly omnichannel customers time and money in ways no other retailer can match.
Walmart Media Group is building a robust in-house advertising business that's key to Walmart's growth strategy. We partner closely with brands on strategies and solutions that harness Walmart's unparalleled omnichannel influence. We deliver relevant retail ads and experiences that connect our customers with the brands and products they love. And we use Walmart's proprietary online and in-store data, encompassing 95% of American households, to measure campaign-correlated sales on our site and in our stores.
Walmart isn't simply the world's most successful retailer — we're the world's largest company. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a high-visibility team backed by the most talented retail colleagues in the world and over six decades of success. Join us.
About the Job
Walmart Media Group is looking for a product and systems manager to do enable things with supplier marketing across all omni-channel touchpoints: in-store, OGP, OGD, and online. Today, Walmart operates multiple advertising, media and marketing teams selling solutions to our suppliers. We are evolving towards a single, omni-channel engagement with major consumer brands to help them connect with Walmart shoppers across our ecosystem. This new Omni-Advertising team's goal is maximizing supplier investments in marketing and advertising, while clearly separating these from merchandising/purchasing decisions. Online Grocery Pickup (OGP) and Delivery (OGD) are key growth areas for the company, and they are at the center of our new, integrated approach to omni-channel supplier marketing.
This is a new role to tackle the systems side of new advertising activities – from financial-reporting dashboards to ad-delivery systems on gas pumps -- and the candidate will focus on:
- Systems & Tools: Connect the "dots" of current systems and data across the enterprise to a new purpose: tracking and understanding Omni-Advertising. Drive data alignment across Walmart for advertising to provide a unified view of supplier investments. Working with our Product and Engineering teams, build tools as-needed, both supplier-facing and internal, to unify and scale advertising.
- Hack the Real World: In-store advertising includes many customer touchpoints, such as Walmart radio, TVs in the Electronics section, blood-pressure kiosks, screens in our Automotive Centers, and even gas pumps. These disparate systems need to be connected so that advertising can be delivered in a coordinated fashion.
- Collaborate: Omni-Advertising is a new initiative touching many existing parts of the business – the Systems leaders will work with teams across the company to stand up capabilities quickly and refine to perfection over time. This roles requires a leader who can understand legacy systems as-is and stitch them together.
- 5 years of product management or systems integration experience
- 5 years of experience in digital advertising or marketing
- Engineering degree or equivalent