Postdoctoral Position in Multimodal Data Integration and Computational Neuroimaging at Stanford University
A postdoctoral position is available in Dr. Hosseini’s Lab in the Department of Psychiatry at Stanford University focusing on innovative methods for integrating multimodal data for developing effective biomarkers for early detection of brain disorders. Particular focus will be on network models for integrating longitudinal neuroimaging, clinical, cognitive,biospecimen, and genetic data for characterization of different stages of Alzheimer’s disease (AD) and for prediction of AD progression.
The postdoctoral fellow will study large, multimodal datasets already collected through Stanford Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center (ADRC) and ADNI, among others. We are specifically looking for candidates with experience in network models and neuroimaging data analysis (e.g. MRI, PET,etc.) with interest in advanced data analysis methods and computational modeling. The postdoctoral fellow will also contribute to ongoing neuroimaging data collection and analysis in patients with mild cognitive impairment, developing novel methods for analyzing multimodal neuroimaging data, lead and mentor students and research assistants, and preparing manuscripts for publication. The position provides a unique training opportunity in advanced neuroimaging, network analysis and connectomics methods.
- PhD (or MD) or equivalent in neuroscience,computer science, psychology, statistics, physics, engineering or a related field.
- Experience with neuroimaging data analysis packages (FSL, SPM, etc.).
- Experience with programming languages such as Matlab, Python, R, etc.
- Strong writing skills demonstrated by peer reviewed publications
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and mentoring skills.
- Familiarity with multimodal data integration modeling and advanced machine learning techniques (e.g. multiplex networks,deep learning), multivariate statistics and cloud computing is a plus.
- Familiarity with fNIRS, PET, and genetic data analysis is a plus.
To apply: Please send your CV and representative publications to Dr. Hadi Hosseini at:
mcik_study AT stanford.edu .
The research in Dr. Hadi Hosseini’s lab crosses multiple disciplines including computational neuropsychiatry, cognitive neuroscience, multimodal neuroimaging and neurocognitive rehabilitation. The computational neuropsychiatry research mainly involves investigating alterations in the organization of connectome in health and disease (Alzheimer’s disease, ADHD, Stroke, etc.) using multimodal neuroimaging techniques combined with novel computational methods. The ultimate goal is to translate the findings from computational neuropsychiatry research toward developing personalized interventions for targeted enhancement of brain networks.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year