- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, science, mathematics or related field.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in product management or related function.
- Excellent customer intuition; demonstrated success in identifying, prioritizing and delivering product capabilities to delight customers.
- Strong data analysis skills; the ability to run and synthesize data in order to make on-point business decisions
- Prior experience delivering innovative and user-friendly customer-facing experiences.
- An outstanding oral and written communicator, with the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Ability to think innovatively and creatively about complex and technical problems.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple competing priorities.
Amazon's Affiliate Marketing (Amazon Associates) program’s success has been built on a rich selection of websites and blogs, all creating original content relevant to products sold on Amazon. With the meteoric rise of social media, a new segment has emerged – Influencers. Influencers are either famous in their own right (sports, music, movie stars) or social media stars (Marques Brownlee, Michele Phan, etc.), but they all have one thing in common – they are tastemakers with hundreds of thousands or millions of followers. Many Influencers do not even have a website or blog – their medium is social media – YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, etc., and they have the potential to sell millions of products through Amazon. We recently launched the Amazon Influencer Program to give influencers an easy way to refer traffic to Amazon from social media and are looking for a Principal Product Manager Technical to lead the influencers product team. If you are passionate about delighting customers, making an impact in the influencer space and growing a nascent program, this is the role for you.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity and data-driven, fast-paced environments. You must be able to take an idea and develop it into a broader vision, gain buy in from stakeholders, lead the team, and seamlessly deliver upon it. You’ll need to have the balance to drive your initiative forward quickly while keeping stakeholders looped in and identifying new opportunities.
Key responsibilities will include leading a high visibility program, driving thought leadership in the influencer space, leading product and technology roadmaps from concept to execution, prioritizing program opportunities among competing options, maintaining stakeholder relationships and optimizing existing processes and ensuring the successful growth of the program. The leader will identify, assess and manage risks, measure and report on progress, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs with technical constraints.
This role will work closely with leadership across the Advertising, Consumer Marketing and Retail organizations. If you’re entrepreneurial, and want to innovate, build transformative technology driven products, join us in making history.
- MBA or related graduate degree in engineering, science or mathematics.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with passion to get right things done.
- Demonstrated track record of cultivating strong working relationships and driving collaboration across multiple technical and business teams.
- Strong track record of leading teams through complete product development cycles.
- Experience communicating with senior management (VP level decision-makers) as well as with colleagues from technical and non-technical backgrounds.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.