Wendel, Rosen, Black & Dean LLP has an immediate opening for an experienced HR Manager to join our team. Our mid-sized law firm has been in business for over 100 years, and we are conveniently located in downtown Oakland, right above the 12th Street BART station. The HR Manager will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and others on the firm’s management team.
- Conducts all aspects of the recruiting and interviewing process for attorneys & staff
- Assists with the orientation and training of new hires
- Leads the annual staff performance review process
- Handles disciplinary actions
- Manages all employee benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, EAP, FSA, 401k, profit-sharing, wellness initiatives, etc.)
- Updates HRIS and approves payroll
- Maintains all personnel files
- Manages all aspects of leaves of absence
- Administers and responds to claims (workers comp, disability, unemployment insurance, etc.)
- Handles employment terminations
- Assists in designing and updating policies and procedures
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required. SPHR, PHR or other HR certification preferred.
- Minimum of three years of human resources experience at the managerial level. Law firm experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong supervisory and teambuilding skills.
- A proactive approach and the ability to work “hands-on.”
- Experience and initiative to identify what’s working, what’s not and what’s best practice.
- Computer proficiency, including MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with HRIS and payroll systems is preferred.
We offer a congenial work environment and excellent benefits. If you would like to join our team, please apply now.
For more information about our firm, please visit www.wendel.com. No phone calls please. Local candidates only. Principal parties only. Thank you.
Job Type: Full-time
- human resources: 5 years (Preferred)