Upper Club Sous Chef Summary
Responsible for assisting the Executive chef and for overseeing all food production, creativity and quality. Responsible for the cleanliness and safety of all kitchen operations. Responsible for the supervision and training of all kitchen employees. Knowledge of culinary trends and contemporary styles. Responsible for food cost percentage and budgetary controls. Exceptional communication and leadership skills. Able to multi-task and command in a high-pressure environment.
- Manage and oversee all food production operations on a daily basis.
- Assisting in the preparation and orchestration of meals according to food quality standards.
- Ensuring consistency, quality and correct presentation of all dishes.
- Assist in the Scheduling of all kitchen staff employees.
- Responsible for ensuring all sanitation and safety guidelines are followed in the kitchen. Ensuring kitchen exceeds health department guidelines.
- Supervise all kitchen and stewarding employees in all areas of the working environment.
- Enforce operating procedures and grooming/culture standards.
- Responsible for overseeing that the correct food items are purchased, received, transported, stored and maintained in exceptional condition.
- Responsible for monthly inventories and managing food cost percentage
- Responsible for managing payroll.
- Control transfers and stock inventory levels
- Assist the executive chef with menu engineering.
- Ensure standard recipes are followed to ensure consistency in all outlets.
- Oversee training and development for all kitchen staff employees.
- Coordinate and cooperate with all operations Managers and food and beverage staff in order to exceed member/guest food expectations.
- Coordinate with engineering and stewarding to ensure operational equipment efficiency and longevity.
- Manage opening and closing side work for all kitchen employees to current labor cost and business levels.
- Perform and manage human relation issues for all kitchen employees to include: recruitment, discipline and training records.
- Hold regular one-on-on meetings with Executive Chef.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Education in the Culinary Arts preferred.
- High level of professionalism.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Strong management and people skills.
- Calm and collected under pressure.
- Previous experience as a Sous Chef for a period of 24 months
- Physical fitness, this position requires bending and standing (long period of time in hot, conditions) walking, lifting. (50 lbs)
Upper Club Executive Chef
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 4 years (Preferred)