The College of Lake County is currently looking for a Police Officer to add to their team. Under the administrative supervision of the Deputy Chief of Police and the functional supervision of the Police Sergeant, the Officer provides service and protection to the people and property of the College of Lake County through the enforcement of federal and state laws and CLC rules and regulations, provides community service to the campus community through patrols, order maintenance, and public assistance.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. Current certification as a full time Law Enforcement Officer by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training & Standards Board or the ability to obtain an out of state waiver from the ILETSB.
2. High School diploma.
3. Ability to patrol all facilities on foot.
4. A valid driver’s license.
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Valid FOID card or ability to obtain.
7. Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. Associate degree or higher
Posting Date 11/19/2019
Closing Date 12/03/2019
Expected Start Date 01/20/2020
Special Instructions Summary
Please attach your current certification as a Full Time Law Enforcement Officer by the Illinois Training & Standards Board. Please note that those selected for interview will be subject to physical and psychological evaluations.
Pay Rate $25.62/Hr.
Total Hours per week 40.00
40 hours/week. Shifts vary and are dependent on the needs of the department.
Software Testing Required None
Interview Process Requirements Writing Samples
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V