The CRC is looking for a copywriting intern to help shape our brand awareness. Talent is a must and experience is a plus! You will work alongside a cross-discipline marketing team, creating copy on several campaigns at once for all CRC brands. Proper grammar skills are a given, but you must be passionate about writing, love the creative process, and demonstrate an ability to conceive and execute beautiful and thoughtful copy. To succeed in this internship, you must be a skilled writer who is open-minded and capable of shifting your style to suit different target consumers for a variety of brands. You’ll learn, work hard, gain experience and get course credit with an innovative marketing team composed of Product Marketing Specialists, Multimedia Production Specialists & Social Media
The Collective Rise Campus (CRC) is Atlanta’s first shared work and event space where real estate professionals gather to innovate, inspire and impact. Enjoy the benefits of a results-driven, fast-paced, inclusive and open-minded startup culture as you help build a budding business from the ground up. Some internship perks include free snacks, coffee and beverages every day; free lunch and dinners at events, working within walking distance of historic Downtown Roswell’s shops and restaurants, the support and resources of a large company with the creative flexibility of a startup and free entry to mastermind real estate and investor workshops.
Go to AtlantaCRC.com to learn more.
Location: Roswell, GA
Travel Required: None
Duration: J anuary 21, 2020- May 29, 2020 (flexible)
Hours: 8-40 a week, Mon-Fri
Compensation: Course credit
Here’s a list of things you might work on. If any of these responsibilities sound like something you’re interested in, please apply! Roughly 45% of this internship will focus on copywriting, 30% on marketing information management and the other 25% will be marketing projects, based on your strengths and interests.
Copywriting & Editing:
- How should we sound? Produce copy that is engaging and maintains brand voice and style throughout all forms of communication distributed via print and web.
- Write, review & edit all email pieces, branded promotional items, website and social media graphics, posters, flyers, blog articles, press releases, advertisements, videos, social media posts and other marketing materials as needed.
- Produce personalized vendor copy and communications by researching their market and identifying their competitive strengths to create tailored, information-driven, engaging copy to highlight their areas of expertise.
- Fully understand product to ensure the accuracy of descriptions in our communications.
- Work with the Marketing team to ensure copy is correct in all materials.
- Pitch copy concepts.
- Stay up-to-date with popular culture and trends to incorporate into our messaging.
Marketing Information Management and Web Content Support Management
- Work closely with the Product Marketing Specialist and Marketing team to translate our messaging concepts and campaigns into well-crafted, clever copy and informative, engaging product descriptions in the brand voice while optimizing searchability.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of product information, which can include product descriptions, product copy, product images, sales collateral and internal documents within the content management system.
- Manage, maintain CSR list as well as other programs/projects designed to build customer lists.
- Maintain websites and social media to ensure all information is up-to-date and platforms are visually appealing
- Individual projects: We’ll help you come up with something you want to work on. You’ll work on it, and you’ll tell us what you’ve done. You’ll walk away with something worth talking about in your next interview.
- Continue to further develop skills and expertise within content writing to support job functions.
- Fulfill responsibilities in accordance with CRC policies and procedures.
We’re looking for an enrolled student, a recent college graduate, or someone with similar experience who can commit to at least 8 hours a week.
- Ability to break down a detailed branding description into coherent, crisp messaging.
- High level of attention to detail – you’re particular with punctuation and granular with grammar.
- Critical thinking, analytical and creative problem-solving skills, strong communication/writing skills
- Excellent time management skills as well as comfort in multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Organization and discretion are critical.
- Eagerness to learn and take initiative.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in partnership with others, adding value to the team in all areas.
- Excitement about working on a small team to make a large impact, and the ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- A professionally-formatted cover letter and resume showing a marketing-oriented skillset.
- A share, give and receive mindset ready for an atmosphere that fosters collaboration over competition.
Good to have:
- Preferred majors: Creative Writing, Marketing, Advertising or a related field of study.
- Prior experience in creative writing, marketing, advertising and/or writing and editing merchandising copy for e-commerce site(s) preferred.
- Examples of content writing and/or communications experience is a plus. (Yes, classwork counts).
- Experience in SEO implementation and digital content writing.
- Demonstrated experience with content management tools, such as Wordpress, as well as working knowledge of HTML and AP style
- Working knowledge of analytics tools, such as Moz and Google Analytics
- A digital portfolio (PDFs, website, etc.) showcasing any previous, relevant work in the marketing, social media, design, or communication field.
- A passion for the real estate industry.
Collective Rise Campus (CRC):
Located in Roswell, Georgia, the CRC is the first collaborative corporate campus where professionals of real estate Viva like it’s Las Vegas. Our parent company Powerhouse Real Estate ™
created the CRC so entrepreneurs could have a space where they work and play hard.
Powerhouse has maintained a market-leading position and continually grown in its segments in residential real estate with relentless customer support and leading services breadth and availability.
The brokerage’s key distinction is creating a “one-stop-shop” solution serving flexible workspaces, a community of professional support and entrepreneurial growth. The culmination of these pursuits is a unique competitive advantage that is the CRC: having the ability to provide 6,000 sqft of space devoted to coworking, meeting, corporate events, private classrooms, lunch and learn power hours, networking, workshops, panels and social and community events. The boutique nature of
Powerhouse’s team and network adds an intimate, personalized customer focus for real estate professionals to enjoy in the brokerage’s office. Enjoy the benefits of a unique startup atmosphere like never before as you grow in an environment that bridges the aesthetics of professional offices, urban lounges and neon casinos.
Powerhouse has been a market-leading brokerage and educator for realtors and investors for over
30 years. Both companies support stable and growing end markets supported by strong tailwinds.
Powerhouse is one of the nation’s most respected brokerages in leading real estate businesses. The
Powerhouse team enjoys a storied history of partnering with exceptional wholesalers, investors, rehabbers, flippers, diverse lenders, insurance companies, appraisers, closing attorneys and financial planners to create long-term value for sellers and buyers. Affiliated organizations include
Think Realty, REVA Global Assistants, Atlanta REIA, Drive Planning, Baker Collins, StrongBox
Home Loans, DS Murphy & Associates, LaFayette Lending, Country Financial and Ameris Bank.
The CRC team is excited to expand upon the Powerhouse’s experience in providing opportunities for real estate professionals to share, grow and receive.
For more information, go to www.AtlantaCRC.com.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $0.00 /hour
- Copywriting: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Roswell, GA 30075 (Required)
- Are you aware that this is an unpaid position & course credit is the only potential form of compensation?
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends