Make an impact at Global Experiences as our IT Manager. Join an in-house creative and marketing team that works hard and plays harder. Ultimately, your work will be updating and improving our website, driving lead generation, and effectively influencing our audience to engage with our products and services online. You will also design and develop media that positively impacts our marketing goals.
GE is a mission-driven organization focused on helping college and university students find a career they love through career readiness training and international internship experiences. Over 17 years we have grown a dedicated global team of 30+ people delivering programs in 12 global cities. Based in Annapolis MD, we have over 6,000 alumni, 60+ university and institutional partners, and are well known in the international education community for our great people, innovation in program design, and career readiness.
We are a team of passionate world travelers and innovators committed to our broad range of students, partner universities, parents, and host companies. We are a diverse group of individuals anchored in our core values and our strengths based approach, which guides our team each day. Everyone on the team is expected to lead, innovate and embody our core values, remaining actively committed to making GE a great place to work. The Web Developer/IT Manager must be experienced, creative, and a data driven professional that can troubleshot all IT issues.
Areas of Responsibility
Web Design & Development
- Design and develop website pages, landing pages, email templates
- Make updates to the website, including adding news, bios, blogs, page content
- Manage WordPress themes, plugins, and core updates to external websites
- Ensure the site functionality combined with look and feel consistent with style guide
- Design, develop, APIs and integrate third party components, test, install and support programs/systems
- Assist to fix errors with connectivity between platforms
- Experience debugging live websites and Cross Browser Testing
- Experience working with REST API's and manipulating data between services
- Manage storage and back-up data
- Manage network and website server configuration
- Design print materials and graphics including, flyers, booklets, display ads, infographics
- Experience working in Photoshop / Adobe Suite
- Familiarity with standard digital and print design practices
- Assist in all creative areas of concept development
- Understanding and knowledge with keyword research and SEO
- Experience working with Google Analytics, Google Adwords, and Google Webmaster Tools
- Work with marketing and sales team to develop new visual communication methods
- 3+ years of web development, programming and coding experience
- 2+ years of experience customizing and working with WordPress websites
- 2+ years of experience managing multiple websites
- Experience working with Hubspot HubL and FTP
- Strong design sense (website & design portfolio must be amazing!)
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical and critical thinking skills, attention to detail, with a focus on producing quality, error-free work
- Have a command of interaction design core principles: architecture, interaction and user-centered design
- Able to manage multiple high-priority initiatives, including early stage product strategy as well as delivery of tactical and incremental design improvements
- You are self-motivated and work without excessive guidance
- Bonus: You love marketing, data, and communication, and have a global perspective
Global Experiences uses the following platforms and successful applicants should be familiar with one or more of these systems.
- Google Drive
- Adobe Suite
Compensation: Base Salary, plus bonuses, and generous benefits package. More information available upon inquiry.
Application Process: Please send resume and cover letter to careers globalexperiences.com.
- Qualified candidates will be then asked to submit a short video
- Short-listed candidates will then complete a series of interviews and assessments
Job Type: Part-time
- coding: 2 years (Preferred)
- Web Development: 2 years (Preferred)
- Hubspot: 2 years (Preferred)
- Wordpress: 2 years (Preferred)
- Programming: 2 years (Preferred)
- Salesforce: 2 years (Required)
- Annapolis, MD (Preferred)