Onēva is an Oakland-based, minority owned company in operation since 2014. We treasure our care providers and seek like-minded employees and contractors who share our passion for service. We believe in helping others and providing trusted care at livable, competitive wages in a safe working environment. We provide care to the employees of a Fortune 50 tech firm who value trusted workers who perform at a high standard.
Onēva means TRUST:
T: Trusting you to keep your word and follow through on commitments
R: Respecting everyone around us
U: Understanding and being patient with those we are allowed to serve
S: Securing data, people, credit cards, and all we hold dear as at our core.
T: Teamwork: Leaning on each other’s skills, experience, creativity, and innovation to get the job done and support each other.
Title: Executive Assistant
Location: Oakland, CA
Job Type: Full-time employee
Desired Start Date: September 1st
Benefits: 100% Employer-provided Medical, Dental and VSP
Purpose/Objective of Position:
We are seeking an Executive Assistant for our Oakland based office. This role requires undertaking a diversity of tasks to support the CEO of Onēva as well as other executive team members in their daily operations. You will be dealing with executives and senior staff of major corporations, along with specialists for travel and event planning, HR and finance. You will also liaison with Onēva’s internal departments and staff. The role is a highly sensitive one, requiring the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
This position requires that you maintain multiple schedules, principally for the CEO, but may include other executive staff as well. Excellent phone skills are a must, as well as processing, responding to, and routing of emails and text messages and office management.
You will also be expected to solve problems in a collaborative, win-win manner, in writing, and verbally. You are expected to maintain calm under sometimes stressful, chaotic conditions typical of startup environments. You will also need strong PowerPoint skills to assist you in your role. This position reports directly to the CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the point of contact for those who need to engage the CEO
- Undertake the tasks of receiving calls, take messages and routing correspondence
- Handle requests and queries appropriately
- Maintain diary, arrange meetings and appointments, and provide reminders
- Make travel arrangements
- Take dictation and minutes and accurately create and maintain meeting records
- Maintain office supply inventory and develop excellent supplier relationships
- Create and edit presentations, reports, and documents
- Develop and carry out an efficient documentation and filing system
- Ready to Work in a Start-Up!
- Must be willing to travel between Oakland and Richmond offices
- Demonstrated experience as an Executive Assistant or in another secretarial position
- Full comprehension of office management systems and procedures
- Proficiency in the following technology:
- Email (Outlook)
- Slack, Microsoft Team, or similar communications tool
- Call Center Software
- Office 365, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have intermediate or higher skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint
- SharePoint file sharing online
- Visio desirable
- Excellent proficiency with written and spoken business English; proofreading skills highly desirable
- High levels of professionalism, communication, and other customer service principles
- Demonstrated experience Identifying problems and creating solutions
- Previous experience managing policies, methods, and procedures
- Must complete a comprehensive background check successfully
Minimum Education Requirement: Associate Degree in Business Administration, English, or Social Sciences, or adequate combination of experience and study is desirable. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Serious applicants will email their Resume and a Cover Letter to jobs @Oneva.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Executive Assistant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Oakland, CA 94610 (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
Company's Facebook page: