Brooklyn's Mine is a streetwear and lifestyle boutique.
We are looking for a hype-generating expert that is well connected and embedded in Brooklyn's urban/youth culture and sneaker community with a resume that highlights this background. This person will apply these skills to create and execute our marketing strategy, drive and execute key product storytelling while working with our vendors to optimize buzz worthy plans through events and activations.
This is the perfect role for someone who enjoys using their relationship building skills to connect and empower others. Combining this existing network with marketing expertise to build hype and put Brooklyn's Mine in the spotlight is key. This person must be gritty, innovative, reliable, influential, and understand what is happening in the youth culture to ensure we are in the middle of it.
- Creation and execution of in store campaigns and product story telling, including choreography of journey phases (tease, unveil, launch, post launch) and components of each phase.
- Oversee in-store audio/video delivery
- Continually assess and capture local Sneaker Culture ecosystem - identify local key movements and influencers across various cultural areas (ie: fashion, music, sneakers, food, community, organizations).
- Continuously conduct local research to discover consumer fashion, competitor, culture and lifestyle trends.
- Seed and develop relationships with key market influencers to help gain brand awareness and increase consumer engagement.
- Develop a comprehensive social media and public relations strategy
- Lead the implementation of social media and public relations plans including; blogger and influencer outreach programs.
- At least 3 years of experience in events or local connectivity marketing or retail marketing background
- Connections in the local market with a deep understanding of the community and what makes the market thrive
- Strong knowledge of sneaker culture, fashion trends, music, sports
- Ability to act as a leader, work well independently and remotely from team leader and peers
- Ability to convey creative ideas in a professional, clear and concise way to peers and upper management.
- Strong project management, budget management and scheduling skills
- Digital-savvy and experienced with social media outlets
- Passionate and positive about good work and exciting opportunities
- Ability to prioritize and work in a multitude of ongoing projects at the same time while meeting tight deadlines.
- Takes initiative, highly organized and efficient.
- Fashion, Product & Event photography a PLUS
- Proficiency with photo editing software a PLUS
*Feel free to provide links of your body of work along with your resume.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour
- Event Management: 1 year
- Digital Photography: 1 year
- Social Media Marketing: 3 years
- Branding: 1 year
- Marketing: 3 years