Activities Coordinator – IC Temp
SVS Inclusion Center, an innovative day program that serves adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities wishes to hire high energy individuals with an interest in assisting individuals successfully access their local community. Do you enjoy helping others? Are you creative? You may be who we are looking for. Experience with people with disabilities is a plus. Duties include providing support and supervision for program participants in reaching their personal social, recreational and vocational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Serve on Clients' Person-Centered Planning Committee
* Develop weekly activity schedules and plans
* Identify and request materials necessary for planned activities
* Coordinate and lead client activities in one or more area of interest such as: cooking,
computer, art, sports/health and fitness and leisure
* Identify and access local leisure/recreational resources
* Pick-up and drop off clients according to written schedules
* Record data on client objective
* Follow SVS vehicle rules when driving SVS vehicles
* Train and monitor clients in site specific safety procedures including infection control
* Accept changes in assigned domain areas as directed
* All other duties as assigned by Program Director
* Mandated Abuse Reporter
* have personal vehicle, valid California Driver’s License, proof of auto liability insurance
as mandated by State of California.
* Applicant May be required to drive a 9 passenger van.
* maintain confidentiality of personal client and staff information exposed to when
working in files and preparing reports.
Must obtain and maintain DOJ/FBI fingerprint clearance, have a clean DMV driving record and pass a job related physical.
***This a temporary position with a no specific timeline***.
To learn more about our agency please visit: http://www.socialvocationalservices.org/
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary