Currently, HCT is in search of creative, energetic and talented Industrial Designer to join our Santa Monica team. The Industrial Designer develops new packaging solutions and improvements by performing the duties listed below. This position is responsible for taking products from concept through production under aggressive timelines. Must possess some knowledge of molding, plastics, soft goods (not required but a plus) and printing basics and have a strong focus on the design, aesthetic elements and manufacturability of products.
- Evaluates current and proposed packaging solutions based on factors such as appealing appearance, design-function relationships, serviceability, materials and methods engineering, application, budget, production costs and specifications.
- Conceptualizes, illustrates and communicates new product concepts through quick sketching, mockups, group brainstorm, and 3D modeling.
- Must be able to assess product obstacles and use design skills/experience to successfully complete the project.
- Responsible for working closely with the Product Development, Engineering and Operations departments to drive brand consistency across all products and to establish key design features.
- Participates in creation of concept research product definition: customer needs, idea generation, feasibility, specifications, concept visions and models in a team environment.
- Procures materials needed to construct prototypes and is involved in the design engineering of new models.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if designs meet functional and performance specifications.
- Performs technical analysis of competitive products and analyzes competitive trends/ activities by visiting retail stores.
- Act as advisory specialists to management on matters regarding developing new products and product improvements.
- Closely monitor and analyze competitive trends and activities by visiting retail stores.
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment on the development of new products and product improvements.
- Enjoys working in a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary team environment.
- Degree in Industrial Design and 0-5 years of professional experience
- Excellent visual communication and form development skills demonstrated in your sketching
- Impressive graphic design samples
- Extensive 3D CAD modeling & rendering experience (Solidworks required)
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively on a fast-paced interdisciplinary team.
- Applicants must have work samples to be considered (Please limit your file size to under 2MB)
- 3D Modeling (Solidworks) and Rendering (Keyshot)
- 2D (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Powerpoint
- Great Medical, Dental & Vision benefits after 90 days
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Account
- Excellent 401k plan
- 17 days — Paid Time Off per calendar year (pro-rated the first year)
- 10 Paid Holidays Per Year
HCT Packaging complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S.
Job Type: Full-time