This position is primarily responsible for leading a team of software engineers as a player and coach - devising or modifying code to solve complex problems considering server equipment capability and limitation, project timeline and scope of work and creating and implementing company's information management strategy by performing the following duties personally or through team members supervisors. Supervises company IT software developer and QA teams; remote and in-house staff as well as offshore consultants.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users and Product Development team; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Directs information management budgeting, strategic and tactical planning, business process re-engineering and database system strategy.
- Explores new technologies for future planning and potential implementation.
- Interfaces with industry on software development and database technology matte
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of software development.
- Responsible for development of software development including hiring, retention, and input into compensation decisions and effectively managing staff performance.
- Foster and maintain effective relationships with business and corporate functions and participation in proves improvement and implementation of business solutions to meet company objectives
- Implement licensing and procurement procedure
- Perform service audits, identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations for value achievements.
- Manages, issue reporting tracking system ensuring resolution to all IT and support related issues as well as evaluate trend
- Ensure effective software development lifecycle is utilized including proper specifications are identified in advance, QA and testing methods are used, and release procedures are adhered to so that software releases are as successful as possible, and errors and downtime are minimized.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problem
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of Market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goal
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedure
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solution
- Design – Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Technology Design - Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve company/user needs.
- Systems Analysis - Determining how a system should work and how changes in
conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Visionary Leadership – Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities.; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s’ efforts to succeed
- Proactive Thinking - The ability to anticipate when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Communication - The ability to communicate with all levels of management effectively.
Experience and Education:
- BS/Bachelor's or M.A. Degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 6+ years software development experience of classic ASP and ASP.Net.
- 3+ Years development experience in highly available, rapid data transaction MS Windows IIS web server environment
- 3+ Years development experience with DB connectivity to MS SQL and MySQL
- Experience w VB.Net with 1.1, 2.0,3.0+ Frameworks and .NET Core Implementation
- Working knowledge of XML parsing and interfacing with IIS SQL
- Have familiarity with Distributed Processing and Service Bus
- Experience with Microsoft TFS, Bitbucket, Git, TeamCity, Continuous Integration and HP Quality center a plus
- Applications analysis and design experience
- Must have experience with contributing to writing of User Stories and working from User Stories in code design.
- Must have familiarity with SDLC and quality assurance processes
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Daily exposure to PC's and Networks
- The ability to lift 30 - 50lbs w/assistance, move heavy equipment and boxes
- Sit for long hours in front of computer monitors
- Will require long hours and some weekends when business needs dictate
- Some overnight travel may be required
- Moderate noise level daily in office atmosphere
Strategic Link Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
*Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
Job Type: Full-time
- TFS or (Similar): 3 years (Preferred)
- .NET Core Implementations: 3 years (Preferred)
- ASP and ASP . Net: 5 years (Preferred)
- MySQL: 3 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules