Nuvance Health is currently seeking a Medical Scribe to join our team!
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
The Medical Scribe ensures accurate and timely documentation of clinical data in the medical chart under the supervision of the medical provider. The Scribe assists the provider during patient exams by recording detailed information into the electronic medical record (EMR).
- Document the correct time of patient care related activities including, physician to patient, physician communication, family communication and re-examination of the patient.
- Accurately and thoroughly documents medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by the physician, including, patient medical history, current symptoms, diagnosis and physical exam, procedures and treatments performed by the physician and physician-dictated diagnoses, prescriptions.
- Documents and provides instructions for patient or family members for self-care and follow-up.
- Prepares mail and fax referral letters as directed by the physician.
- Researches contact information for referring physicians, coordinate referrals, prepare operative reports, make phone calls, and other clerical tasks as assigned.
- Collects, organizes and catalogs data for physician quality reporting system and other quality improvement efforts and format for submission.
- Maintain and Model REACH Values (Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Compassion, Honor).
- Demonstrates regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current Medical Transcriptionist certification.
- 1+ years’ experience in medical transcriptionists.
- Understanding of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, diagnostic procedures, pharmacology, and treatment assessments to the extent required to understand and accurately transcribe dictated reports.
- Proficient in typing and good at spelling, punctuation, grammar, and oral communication. Must be able to listen to complex medical information and summarize in a clear, complete, and concise fashion.
- Knowledge of the structure and legal issues involved with electronic medical records is essential for accessing patient data, scanning documents, recording exam and lab results, and inputting prescription data.
- Strong written communication skills come in handy for creating medical reports and good speaking skills are necessary to communicate clearly with patients and physicians.
- Detail orientated – since medical documentation requires accuracy and completeness, scribes need an eye for detail to spot mistakes and record precise information that doctors provide them.
- Learn and use all functions of electronic medical record (EMR) software and transcription software. Be proficient in Microsoft Word to prepare correspondence, medical reports, and other documents.
Indeed Hire and Nuvance Health are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- medical transcriptionists: 1 year (Required)
- medical terminology: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Current Medical Transcriptionist (Required)
- Rhinebeck, NY: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)