Harbor Communications is looking for someone who can sell his or her way into the job of publisher within a year to year-and-one-half. The position is Associate Publisher of CLUB AND RESORT BUSINESS, a monthly magazine and dominant media brand serving the club and resort markets, mainly around golf (but not exclusively). We provide total communications solutions for our advertisers in print, event, and digital media properties. We also publish a quarterly supplement for the food and beverage operations in support of our Annual Chef-to-Chef Conference, an internationally recognized event for club chefs and food and beverage managers.
Role and Responsibilities
* Develop long-term relationships built around sales with advertising clients and prospects in our monthly and quarterly publications.
* Marketing and selling sponsorships for our annual Chef-to-Chef Conference
* Building and expanding our portfolio of digital media products.
* Travel nation-wide to meet clients and prospects.
* Strong intellectual curiosity
* Ultra high energy (and we mean it)
* Consultative sales approach
* Strong analytical, organizational, and communications skill
* Foodservice experience a plus, but not necessary
With a minimum of :
* BA or BS degree
* Four years of B2B media experience in advertising, digital media, events, and marketing services platforms.
Bill Donohue, Founding Publisher
Job Type: Full-time