BAKERY MARKET MANAGER
San Ramon, CA
It Panera Bread, warmth is our business It's what we do best. And for like-minded individuals who are ready to surround themselves with fresh food and great people, success is as close as your neighborhood Panera Bread bakery-cafe.
The Bakery Market Manager (BMM) is a multi-unit leader responsible for all aspects of bakery operations (PPC). This individual is a whole business leader who has the business acumen to drive bakery sales growth while partnering with market leadership to deliver market specific metrics and overall customer satisfaction.
Leadership Style, Culture and Values
- Is the Master of his/her craft who inspires passion for baking in the Panera community and beyond.
- Leads and mentors others with integrity, authenticity, knowledge, enthusiasm, compassion and humor while encouraging all to be open and honest.
- Seeks mastery, doesnt take shortcuts; is the champion of gold standard product.
- Through Cultural Values and Concept Essence, the BOM is committed to the Panera brand.
- Is a trusted partner where possibilities are limitless.
- Steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Practices authentic listening.
- Acts with the customer in mind; is dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers.
- Supports development of a baking team that delivers consistent gold standard product.
- Owns equipment maintenance and repairs through partnership with cafe managers and service vendors.
- Ensures compliance with Company policies and procedures, protects our brand, and lives our Concept Essence and Cultural Values.
- Establish and execute a succession plan to support future growth.
- Partners with Fresh Dough Facility
- Engaged in their own personal development utilizing Panera development tools and other resources.
- Makes each individual team member feel important.
- Change Agent which helps baking and cafe team recognize, prepare for, manage and support change.
- Leads the Baking team in the Market. Including and not limited to:
- Builds trust and manages conflict
- Facilitates meetings
- Facilitates difficult conversations
- Leads group to results (i.e. product quality, bakery sales growth, market metrics)
- Meets labor goals through effective scheduling and deployment.
- Attracting and selection of top talent
- Operations knowledge in a multi-unit environment preferred
- Ability to learn and understand basic financial terms and statements
- Knowledge of Panera baking practices
- Bakery Training Specialist or Retail Management
- Knowledge of scheduling, product ordering and inventory management
- Proficient with Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Reliable transportation
Job Type: Full-time