The Technical Recruiter is a corporate recruiting role that will manage the full life-cycle recruiting process, including sourcing, identifying, and selection of top talent, as well as creating a positive candidate experience. This position will focus on roles within Penske’s IT function, primarily supporting software development, security, and some hardware based roles.
This is an "in-house" position, with daily office collaboration with IT managers and HR partners. Position is based out of our Corporate office in Reading, PA but will also have recruiting responsibilities for our remote IT Development Centers, requiring occasional travel.
Penske Truck Leasing is an industry-leading Transportation Company that continues to expand our custom applications development and information systems teams. Our award-winning IT team has responsibility to support every aspect of our technology that supports both our customers and over 36,000 Associates.
We are seeking a highly responsive, customer-focused individual with strong time management and organizational skills to manage exempt level positions, including management level roles. This individual will need to
execute at a high level, work with a sense of urgency, and think creatively to attract talent through taking the initiative, showing motivation, and ability to think strategically. This position will require the proactive identification
of active and passive talent through flawless execution of our process.
Your sourcing skills, candidate relationship building skills, and internal collaboration/communication has to be strong in order to be successful in this role.
Qualified candidates will have at least 3 - 5 years of recruiting experience supporting IT exempt level roles. All recruiter candidates must be self-motivated and self-sufficient and have prior demonstrated experience in developing
creative solutions to solve problems. Optimally qualified candidates will have demonstrated experience in sourcing candidates with niche skills such as Java Programmers, Big Data Architects, Mobile Developers, Server Applications, and Database Developers.
- Responsible for full life cycle recruiting including direct sourcing, job posting through various media outlets, resume review, and ATS management, including reporting as needed.
- Maintains effective working relationship with HR and IT leadership to identify staffing needs and requirements; also to ensure appropriate staffing service levels are met.
- Ability to conduct in-depth intake calls with the hiring team in order to scope hard to fill positions and to identify precise responsibilities, qualifications, & build detailed staffing strategies, providing realistic expectations to hiring team.
- Partner with hiring team to determine the effectiveness of the current recruiting strategy, provide updates on active candidates and discuss future hiring needs.
- Conducts screening of candidates through resume review, phone and/or in-person interviews
- In partnership with HR and IT Leadership, delivers offer packages and sells of the value and benefits of working at Penske.
- Develops and maintains relationships with colleges/universities, alumni groups, military sources, and diversity organizations. Facilitates and/or participates in external or internal recruiting events (open house, career fairs, and interview days).
- If necessary oversees and manages relationships with professional search firms to support niche-staffing needs. This includes ensuring proper contracting is executed and overseeing efficient and effective activity on behalf of your internal customer groups.
- Effectively administers and coordinates background-screening process.
- Coaches hiring managers on active recruiting and selection practices to ensure policies and legal requirements are in compliance.
- Ensures compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations.
- Support Penske’s diversity initiatives throughout the recruitment process.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 3 -5 years of progressive recruiting experience supporting a large company environment required. Preferred candidates will have 3-5 years in recruiting niche IT roles, including high demand programming languages
- Bachelor's degree required, or, at least 5+ years of equivalent work experience required
- Strong knowledge of various sourcing strategies and techniques including social media technologies, required.
- Proficient use of enterprise applicant tracking systems, required. Prior experience with Taleo preferred.
- Organizational skills and ability to document detailed notes regarding recruitment process, required
- Demonstrated internal customer service skills, including troubleshooting and problem-solving experience required.
- Previous experience in managing relationships with staffing and third-party search firms preferred
- Industry relevant certification, such as AIRS and SHRM, preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in-person and through written correspondence and presentations, with candidates, peers, managers, and leadership.
- Ability to work in dynamic, fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities and keep up with a high volume of activity.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Ability to travel is necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening is required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.